▪■prologue■▪

"Rick please" the small boy pleaded to his grandfather.

"I-i-i c-can b-be usefu-full i... i can do w-what ev-ever you want but PLEASE just don't--"

The small boy in the yellow shirt didn't even get to finish continuing his sentence befor a large old hand grabbed hold of of his shirts colar. Lifting up his fragile body towards the mans intimidating one.

"WHAT MORTY?! LEAVE YOU? TOUGHEN UP YOU LITTLE SHIT IM DOING WHAT EVER I WANT!"  The old man barked at the child, resulting in spit and alcohol to fly towards his face.

The small boy violently rubbed his face, getting rid of the retchid germs.

"I C-cant tou-toughen up, your going to LEAVE ME HERE!" The small boy screamed back earning a loud and annoyed 'tsk' from the man.

Rick dropped Morty roughly onto the dirty floor, receiving a small 'oof' from the boy from impact.

The old man only sighed befor bringing back his dark glare to the boy.

" out of all the mor-urrp-ties i had to-to get you..." he growled under his breath only having morty to hear him.

Mortys hazel brown eyes began to sting with upcoming large, salty, wet tears.

"L-look R-Rick im sorry that you got m-me but..." the boy stopped to wipe away the tears that where running down his face only to fail miserably.

"J-just...please.... DONT LEAVE ME HERE!....." the young boy cried out.

The old man just stared at his grandchild befor sighing and crouching down to his level.

He put a comforting hand upon his shoulder only to receive him tense up at the sudden but not unwanted touch.

"Look... morty... im just going out to finish some errands... as soon as im done ill come back and get you ok?..."

The old man said softly.

Morty slowly lifted his head revealing his puffy red eyes and tear stained cheeks..

"Y-you pro-promise?" The boy hiccuped.

The old man sighed befor his gaze softened at his morty.

"I promise"

The old man then stood up and began walking to his ship. Leaving a sobbing child behind.