Chapter 1: A Captain's Disbelief and The Herrscher's 'Date'

(No POV)

Rin Terumi, a woman on the age of 22, who has served the schicksal and commandeered the Hyperion as a captain and led  various of Valkyries, a woman who has her own share of stories to tell and felt nothing can ever surprise her but, what she just discovered takes the cake. She thought nothing can surprise her, but this is just something she can't seem to believe.

The Herrscher of the Void.

The Herrscher of the Void is only interested on obtaining the cores of the other Herrschers and to destroy humanity.

The very Herrscher who views humans as a being beneath her and takes joy in utterly overpowering them and making their efforts for naught.

And the very same Herrscher who is in love to a human.

Herrscher.

In.

Love.

To.

A.

Human.

She couldn't help but pinch the bridge of her nose, feeling a migraine coming as she looks at her in disbelief.

"So, your saying that..." She started as she taps her finger on the table. "...The reason why you kept on disappearing is just to meet up with this guy?"

"...Yes." The Herrscher answered with a slight blush.

"...You are dating him, like, seriously?" She asked in disbelief.

"...Yes." The Herrscher answered with her blushing growing. "W-Well, not technically dating yet as I have not yet confessed to him"

Did she just stutter?

"And your asking me for help on how to confess to him?" Rin asked.

"...." The Herrscher's looks away with a full blown blush on her face. "...yes."

Did the Herrscher even realized that she is single and never been in a relationship even once? Apparently not.

And is she jealous? Nope, no, definitely not jealous, like, really, not jealous.

"Will you help me, Captain?" The Herrscher asked.

Rin's eyes widen in surprise, never did she thought of hearing the Herrscher to ask for help, much less hear her being polite.

Miracles do happen.

What did 'He' do to make the Herrscher to be, this, a blushing maiden. What did he do?

She can ask later, right now, she needs to sort this out.

"...I'll, try." She said with a sigh.

Her answer caused the Herrscher to beam happily, which was a first for Rin as she only saw the Herrscher with a scowl. Always.

"But first, let me grab some people to help me, got it?" Rin said with no room for discussion.

"Understood, captain." The Herrscher of the Void smiles at her before she floats away. "Then, I shall leave you be for now." She said and left the Captain alone in her office.

"I need a drink." She said as she rubs her forehead before pushing a button on the phone. "Send Kiana, Mei, Bronya, Theresa and Himeko on my office, now." She said.

"God, I am not paid enough for this shit."

(Timeskip)

After half an hour, the Valkyrie's that Rin called has arrived and another half an hour, Rin explained why they were called and lo and behold, Rin wished she has a camera right now and a beer, a strong one at that, to forget what just happened.