R E M E M O R A

(Holo! The author here! I just wanted a break from the angsty title pictures so here's a little self-made meme for you. Thank you for reading; please vote and comment! XO)

re•mem•ber

/rəˈmembər/

verb

•1•  to have in or be able to bring to one's mind an awareness of (someone or something that one has seen, known, or experienced in the past).

STARK TOWER
2100 HOURS

     "Steve Rogers, if you don't get your heavy ass out of my car!" Sam growled, pulling at the sleeve of his muscular counterpart. Natasha, clad in a sleek, short, black dress, sat at the hood in amusement. "You having fun there, Rogers?" She smirked. Sam huffed in annoyance and parked himself next to Natasha.

  "I'd really rather not go in, Nat. I didn't want to go in the first place." Steve whined. The man swatted at his chunky bicep, hitting solid muscle. "Hush. It's a party." Sam scolded.

  As they exited the elevator at the top floor, Tony embraced all of them, Pepper trailing behind him. "Capsicle!! How are you? Heard you weren't feeling too good. Get some drink, loosen up." Tony smiled, the smell of alcohol on his hot breath. "Can't get drunk, Tony." Steve growled. The shorter man's smile twitched. Pepper butted in, saving the party from possible disaster. "But he can. Tony, get yourself away from the wine and be.nice." she scolded. Her lover rolled his chocolate eyes and stalked off, closer to the drinks. "How are you, Ms.Potts?" Sam cordially asked, extending his hand. She took it, shaking it firmly. "Good, as I hope you are also, Mr.Wilson." she smiled. He nodded and stepped out of Natasha's way.

  Even though it was impossible for Steve to get drunk, it didn't mean he couldn't drink. He shuffled to the buffet table and took a small plate of popcorn shrimp and a beer, before flopping onto the giant Stark couch.
                                          ***
     "Attention everyone! Attention! Tony and I would like to make an announcement!" Pepper clanged a fork against a wine glass, the sharp ting echoing across the room. "Ever since she first scolded me in my office, I knew this day would come. I've already asked but I'd like to ask you formally-" Tony drawled, a slight slur in his voice. "He means publicly." Pepper deadpanned, staring at the crowd of paps outside. "Continuing, Pepper Potts," he bent down taking out a ring identical to the one resting on Pepper's finger, "will you allow me to become your fiancé?" Tony finished dramatically, allowing his voice to carry.

"You goof, of course I will. I already have!" Pepper smiled, taking the ring from his hand and slid it onto his finger to match hers. Whoops and claps rang out around the room as the couple kissed deeply. Steve raised his glass silently.
                                          ***
          "I just want to thank you for coming today, Steve. I know you've been feeling down, so I asked Tony to invite you." Pepper grabbed his hand. Steve nodded, before gently yanking it out of her grasp. "I hear you didn't want to come though, Capsicle? I thought you loved my parties!" Tony stumbled behind him, closing him in. He didn't like parties. They reminded him of him and then and he didn't want to be reminded. "I enjoy your parties, Tony. I'm just not feeling myself right now." Steve grumbled, wishing again to be alone.

      As the party continued, Steve felt his social battery run dry. His heart quickened and sweat began to cover his hands. I want to leave, I need to go. His head swiveled as he began to search for his car mates and all possible exits. But mostly exits. Natasha was seated at the bar, sipping on a margarita, and Sam was watching whatever game was on the many TV's and guzzling a beer. Steve would probably be driving.

   Steve remembered times like this. He and Bucky would go to slightly rundown bars in definitely shady neighborhoods and dance their hearts out, with dames, of course. Then as they drunkenly swayed home, sometimes, just sometimes.

  They'd dance together. They'd make sure the windows were shut and the blinds closed tight. The door would be shut and blocked from entry and they'd move the furniture. Then, they would dance.

  "Who knew that my little Stevie could dance better than me?" Bucky giggled, his breath hot with liquor. Steve blushed, before socking him in the arm. "Watch it, you oaf. Are we dancin' or not?" Steve pursed his lips. Smirking, his friend stood to  turn on the radio, music flowing softly. "Not too loud, right Stevie?" Bucky smiled back. Steve's breath caught in his throat, his Adam's apple bobbing. That smile. He could barely handle it. It made him.... Well, what did it make him? Shaking his head, Bucky swaggered over to him and offered a hand to help him up from where he had slipped off of Bucky's bed. "Can't dance on the floor, Stevie."

    He gently placed his large, soft hands on Steve's bony hips and placed Steve's much smaller one's on his broad shoulders. Bucky had to bend down, but even though it made his spine ache, he didn't mind. He was dancing with Stevie, his Stevie, and that's all that mattered.

That night, they danced until morning time, breaths apart. They waltzed for hours, not minding the aches or sicknesses, just each other's hands.
                                                ***
        "Steve, it's time to go." Natasha poked at his boob, startling him from his uninterrupted daydream. He huffed before slowly standing and heading straight to the elevator. Sam and Nat rushed, apologizing to Tony and Pepper for Steve's impolite exit.

"What the hell, man! You just left us there." Sam harshly tapped his arm. Steve just silently glared at the reflective metal of the elevator. His eyebrows furrowed in frustration as he scolded himself for letting himself float away so carelessly. He could've fallen asleep and Lord only knows how that could've gone.
                                            ***
"Thanks for not leaving me alone, man. I hope you'll be feeling better. Call me when you wanna... you know. Get you-know-who." Sam whispered, letting the blonde out of his Benz. Steve's eyes flicked to the car where he knew Natasha was silently watching the entire interaction. "We'll talk later, Sam." Steve mumbled. Sam glanced behind him and saluted before swaggering over to the car. Steve stumbled to his front door and lightly opened it. Did he lock this door before he left?

As Steve stepped into the apartment, his heart began to beat harder than normal, and that was saying alot. He slowly looked around, noting the slightly shuffled around junk and the absent lighting. He took a few tentative steps towards the light switch. Click.

There, sat delicately at an island bar stool, sat a built man, wearing abnormally warm clothes and a red ball cap. The soldier's breath quickened. As the man slowly turned, the glint of metal shone against the light from under the heavy coat. Two irises, swirling with mental hurricanes, met the eyes of a man, the only man he knew would help him. The only true man he knew.

"Bucky?"