P R I N S

caught

/kôt/

past tense of: catch

verb

/kaCH,keCH/

•1• capture (a person or animal that trhies or would try to escape)

***

"Actually, Captain, neither of you is going anywhere." The men, backed by four other men, entered the apartment, guns drawn. Bucky's eyes widened, recognition evident in his face. "You recognize me, солдат? I'd hope so." The first man smiled. тренер. "How'd you know we were leaving?" Steve barked, being wrestled to the ground. "Didn't you know? You two shouldn't trust S.H.I.E.L.D. agents; they really aren't very trustworthy." He chuckled. "That bitch." Bucky hissed as they jerked his arm back. "Don't worry, солдат, we'll fix that when we dispose of this cargo." He spat at Steve. Bucky jerked in anger. How dare they spit in his Stevie's precious face!! "Grown some attachment, I see! That'll be fixed too." His smile, as impossible as it seemed, grew even wider.

Once they had them tied up and gagged, the goons escorted them out to one of many very suspicious looking vans, parked on the shadowy side of the complex. How cliché. Bucky rolled his eyes and flicked them to Steve. If he was feeling any kind of way, he was doing a hell of a job showing it. His face was contorted in his signature frown and his fists were clenched. He was waiting for a fight. These guys wouldn't fight unless Steve started it. Even if they wanted to, тренер wanted that first kill. His ego wouldn't allow them to. Hopefully that bought him and Steve some time. As they escorted them to the back of the van, Bucky's mind whirred in thought, fumbling for ways out. As they locked the van, their options became even slimmer. God damnit.

The ride to the HYDRA base would've been leisurely, if Bucky wasn't fretting his ass off. He couldn't, wouldn't go back to these Nazis. Not if he had any say in it. His eyes floated over to his prince. The nickname rolled off of his mental tongue smoothly, like hot butter. It was weird, to say the least. Steve sat, defeated looking and relatively pitifully. His pink lips were pulled down into a frown. Bucky hated that frown. If he had a choice, Steve would never have to frown. Ever.

Steve looked up, feeling Bucky's hard gaze on his head. He quirked an eyebrow and glanced around at the armed men. Bucky shook his head, as if to say ,"No, not yet. Wait." He didn't want to wait. He wanted to jump in, grab Bucky and run.

***

Before he could act against Bucky's stern warning, the guard in front of him stabbed a glowing blade into their counterpart. Ripping the helmet off, the guard was revealed to be the one and only: Natasha Romanoff, her fiery red hair whipping out from under the black material. Making quick work of the rest of the guards in the van was no easy task however. They came at her suddenly, guns drawn. Bucky dropped his harnesses that he had previously unraveled and joined in. Starting on the first guard, he grasped his wrist, crushing it and grabbing the blue blade that dropped. Natasha leaped onto another guard and brought her newly acquired knife to his neck, slicing through the flimsy skin. Bucky thrust the weapon into his opponent fiercely, growling animalistically. One, two, three, four, five, six times, he plunged the blade deep into the agent, who coughed up blood each time. Steve stared in fear at this animal who pounced from man to man, killing mercilessly. This was definitely not his Bucky.

In minutes, Bucky and Natasha had successfully beat the ass of about eight HYDRA goonies and looked stunning doing it. Bucky sighed and untied Steve, ignoring the man jerking as the cool metal of his left hand touched him. Steve tried not to cringe away from the slightly wet material touching him. Please tell me that is not blood. Please tell me that is not blood. He glanced at the black sleeve. It was drenched in blood and it was rubbing against his shoulder. As he stood, Natasha smirked, then began to slice a circle out of the floor, which fell out she made the final slice.

"Natasha, how'd you even know to follow us?" Steve whispered as they crept away from the van. "You think HYDRA is the only one who can bug apartments? I had it re-bugged when you had that panic attack." She scoffed. Bucky's ears pricked up at this. Of course! They bugged the apartment, especially since Sharon had snitched on Steve.

They crept through brush for what seemed like only minutes before reaching what seemed to be a crossroad, guarded off with railing from where they stood. "Must be in the gardens. Why are we here? They aren't anywhere close to my apartment." Steve mumbled in short awe at the flora around him, before focusing. Natasha shrugged and continued walking to a hill near the bridge. "Let's get on the bridge, you two can walk home from there." Natasha said. Steve glanced back at his friend. Bucky looked very focused on the words Natasha were spewing. "Natasha, you know we can't go back there. They know where we are; they'll come back with vengeance." The taller super soldier stepped in front of the woman. "Well then. Are you gonna finally take my offer then?" She smirked, crossing her arms. Bucky caught up and listened, peering up at Steve. He sighed, before nodding.

"Of course, of course. Mi casa es su casa, Capsicle." Tony's voice crackled over the phone, but the smile still carried through. "And what about Bucky?" Steve asked, caution written all over his tone. It was silent. "There's always time for second chances, yeah? I'll see when you guys get here." Tony answered, his voice slightly quieter. The phone beeped. Steve dragged the Harley from the bike post."Hop on, Buck. We're headed for the Tower."

As he pressed his finger against the keypad, Steve began to sweat bullets. Both Tony and Steve knew about what really happened to Tony's parents and Tony wasn't exactly elated to have the man with the blood on his hands into his tower. But Steve wouldn't hesitate to leave if Bucky made him uncomfortable.

The doors to the Tower slid open, the elevator on the other side of the building. Inside, everything was crisp and clean. The walls were a light gray and everything was pretty futuristic, even for Steve. Various potted plants sat in areas normally occupied by Tony's staff. Everything screamed Stark, but only the millionaire part. Nothing showed the real Tony, who would get sloppy drunk and cough up all of his secrets, but even then there were parts that no one saw.

Bucky was increasingly more uncomfortable as they entered the elevator that would take them to the 88th floor. He could feel it in his bones, this would not end well for him or Steve, he just knew it. It was about two 'o' clock and no one but Tony would be awake. Almost every Avenger was asleep in the tower, except for the very one that the newly freed HYDRA soldier was trying to avoid. Just my fucking  luck.

Tony stalked out of the elevator, arms crossed. He was clad in a black band t-shirt and darkly faded jeans, ash covering his arms. "How are you, Tony?" Cap boomed, his full voice bouncing off of the walls. Tony shrugged and glared at Bucky. Bucky gulped. Oh God.