05.

Chanhee's words came true. The next day, while Changmin is busy arranging the flowers he ordered, Sunwoo indeed asked him out.

But for another reason.

"I just don't know, hyung... Hyunjoon is very unpredictable so I am wondering if you can help me get something for him as a congratulatory gift now that he got moved to the highest class in his dance academy." Sunwoo explained as he looked down, embarassed. "But if you're busy today, it's fine... I understa—"

"NO!" Changmin unexpectedly raised his voice but after realizing what his done, he cleared his throat and stood up straight. "I mean, I'll gladly help you pick out a gift for this Hyunjoon-guy. But, why did you ask me for help?"

"Oh." If it was even possible, the embarassed blush on Sunwoo's cheeks got even redder, and Changmin finds it cute. "It's just, I consider you one of my closest friends now and besides, Hyunjoon is a dancer like you so I thought, maybe you have an idea of what I should give him?"

"I see. Sure, I'll help you."

Sunwoo smiled widely. "Great. I'll just come by later at 3, if that's okay with you."

"You don't need to pick me up. We can just meet up at the mall, you know?"

Sunwoo shook his head. "No, let me do it."

"Okay." Changmin can't help but blush a little at the boy's persistence.

"Well, see yo—"

"Excuse me, are you Ji Changmin-ssi?" The boys whipped their heads to the entrance when he heard another man's voice. Basing on his outfit and the small box he is holding, he looks like a delivery man. Changmin tilted his head. As far as he can remember he still haven't ordered his monthly supply of pots, so what is a delivery man doing here?

"I am." Changmin approached the man with furrowed eyebrows. "How may I help you?"

The delivery man handed Changmin the package he's holding: a thick, neatly-wrapped box with the size of a woman's handbag along with a clipboard that Changmin should sign.

Changmin gave the box back to the delivery man. "You must be mistaken. I'm not expecting any delivery packages right now." But the man just shook his head. "The name of the receiver and the address is right. You probably just forgot that you're expecting one."

"Right." Changmin just smiled and signed the paper, giving it to the man who immidiately left. He put the box on top of the counter, searching for a cutter so that he can cut the box open.

Sunwoo looked at the shop's flower-shaped wall clock and frowned. "I have to go now, hyung. I have one class today that I can't not attend."

"Ah, sure. 3PM later, right? Enjoy!"

"You know I can and will never enjoy school." Sunwoo chuckled as he left the place.

Changmin watched the door closed and turned his attention back to the box. He already has a hunch about what could be inside it even without shaking the box. He cut it open and he was right—a few pieces of soft purple Lilacs were inside, along with a stuffed toy of a pigeon that is the same size as the ones Changmin already got.

For the past few days Changmin has been receiving "gifts" from an "admirer". Every other day, someone delivers him flowers accompanied with an animal stuff toy. The first time Changmin got a package, pieces of red Carnations, which means love and admiration, and a giraffe plushie were inside it. Today, he got soft purple Lilacs.

Changmin is lying if he says that he doesn't like receiving the gifts. Truthfully, it makes him feel special, that someone likes him to the point they are giving him flowers and toys every two days. He has never experienced those things, even when he was still at school. But at the same time, he feels guilty. Someone out there is spending their money to make him happy, and he (probably) doesn't even know them and he can't even thank them personally.

Sighing, he took the flowers he just received and placed them in a vase before compiling the gift wrapper he tore to throw it in the trash bin.