Gearth

The world of Gearth exists where our Earth is now in an alternate reality. Its people, technology and culture seem so close to our own yet so far to what we know. 

Creation according to Myths: 

According to ancient excavated scriptures and records, a continent in Gearth named Tierra once existed. According to surviving records and folktales, it was a world full of magic and the time when deities walked with mortals whose names are now all but forgotten. It was said to be the time when the world was at its golden age and mortals knows no strife nor sorrow. 

At the height of this magnificent civilization, the gods and goddesses decided to uplift the mortals to an eternal plane where they will enjoy their golden age forevermore side by side with the immortals.

That was the moment when the world experienced great upheaval due to the absence of the powers that once supported it. The great continent split into four and what remains of the great civilization are nothing but rubble, strewn scrolls, and ruins of buildings not far from what he has today.

When the land and seas calmed down, three continents appeared and at the center of it formed a group of islands where the founding fathers and mothers of the present humans appeared from the eternal plane and repopulated the Gearth. 

They only remembered that they were chosen to start life anew in the desolate world and the new era of mankind without gods and goddesses. An age of new beginnings and dreams. They lost much of the technologies that were used by their predecessors and they were merely picking up the pieces of tools and knowledge from the ruins that survived the cataclysm.

That is the reason why our people are advanced compared to their years of existence. Why we have written and oral skills from out of nothing. Up until now, the Gearthans still come across odd finds from archeological dig sites and surprisingly from the backyards of homes in the countryside.  

Types of machinery and gizmos that are far advanced our technological capabilities that cannot be reproduced even that of the empire which became the forefront of cutting edge discoveries because of their focus in intellectual advancements. 

Creation According to Science:

Scholars and scientists from the empire, kingdom, dukedom, and republic have a different interpretation of how our current era came to be. While they do agree with the myth that cataclysmic events happened in the past as geological findings reveal, it happened not thousands of years ago but mostly a few hundred or a millennia at maximum. 

They said that there might be a social and political upheaval that happened after the catastrophe that results in the breakdown of the political and social structure of Gearth. The land which composed of Maharlika today is the geographical center of Tierra and most of the surviving population stayed there for unknown reasons.

That decision may be what enables life to survive. The forefathers and mothers decided to forget the painful memories and decided to pick up the pieces of their ruined civilization and start from the very beginning again.

Much of the technology that we are using today are excavated from the ruined sites scattered in Gearth and the empire is the nation that builds upon the pieces of machinery found more than the other countries.

-0-

Nation:

The Feudal Kingdom of Kalalit

Founded: First settlement recorded to have been founded a thousand years ago by the Dahl Dynasty