v. little conversation

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

As soon as you gathered the foxtail millet all thanks to you and Kohaku, you started to pound the millet on the rock's surface while Kohaku complained if you all were going to eat it. Senku answered her that you all were going to husk it since it was certainly a grain, a primitive grain to be exact. After you were all done from husking it, the next step you've done was cleaning it and the leek-haired boy was the one who stirred the millet in the huge pot. He then prompted the three of you to grind the foxtail millet to turn it into flour.

"Now we have wheat flour, or rather, foxtail millet flour!" Senku announced as all of you began to high five each other from the completion of obtaining the first ingredient of the ramen.

He then began to put an egg and potassium carbonate to tenderize the flour while he was mentioning a certain Mongol that you have no idea about. So, every time Senku would move his lips and start to talk, you'd only listen to him raving about his knowledge on something that he was working on. This childhood friend of yours never really desists to fascinate you every day, although you knew to yourself that he's an intelligent man and seemed like he had prior knowledge about everything, it still amazes you to no end.

Once the flour has solidified, you and Senku start to cut it into vertical lines to create noodles while the primitive trio is watching the both of you. Eventually, he settled all the ingredients in the primitive casserole while having a mad scientist face.

"Are you even good at cooking, Senku? I haven't encountered you cooking ever since," you told him as you look at the casserole. "This looks not good..."

Senku shifted his gaze to you with an arched brow. "Shut up, (Name). It's not like you're good at cooking, too. Remember the last time you tried to cook curry? You nearly burned down the kitchen of our house."

You gasped at his retort and sheepishly scratched your head. "Touché."

Putting all the constituents and helping Senku cook, you all waited for the ramen to be completed. It smells edible and good but you're still having doubts whether it would taste awful or not. Well, you don't want to decide the outcome of the flavour since you haven't eaten anything yet, but you feel so honoured since you're going to eat the first cooking of the scientist. You had never perceived him as the one who's good at cooking since he hasn't cooked once in his entire life despite that he knows all the ingredients of a certain gourmet.

"T-This scent..." Chrome and Kohaku spoke at the same time as their cheeks were sprinkled with pink hues. You stared at them, anticipated to taste the ramen that they haven't eaten before. Guess, this will be the first modern dish that they're going to eat.

"We had a name for this stupidly good scientific food 3,700 years ago," Senku said while pouring the bowl. "We called it ramen."

He showed it to them and thus, you started to serve the four. Your mouth was watering while staring at the ramen since you haven't eaten modern food after 3,700 years.