vii. mentalist acquired!

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

"So you see, Suika, this man called Tsukasa is the one behind Senku's murder."

Senku snickered once Kohaku's done with her explanation. "Though, I'm not dead."

The five of you had gathered inside the hut without the shallow mentalist with you. After the small talk with your childhood friend and taunting him how entertaining the huge grin he had did, Senku chose to leave you behind and telling you that having a conversation with you was making him dumb. In which you countered that it was ten billion percent not going to happen since he is a fucking genius.

And tonight, Kohaku had begun to initiate a discussion by explaining to Suika about the man who nearly killed the scientist while you were still in your petrification.

"He's seriously bad news," Chrome followed and looked at the melon-masked girl. "He wanted to stop scientific progress, and he didn't think twice about killing Senku to do it."

"I told you, I'm not dead," Senku once again emphasised.

"So that Tsukasa person is a bad man, and Gen is with him? Then Gen's a bad person!" the little girl blurted in panic then afterwards, paused once she remembered something. "Wait... But Gen saved us from Magma. He's a good person!"

Suika locked gazes with you before landing her eyes with the leek-haired boy who's beside you.

"Kukuku, he's neither a good nor a bad person."

"He's just thoroughly shallow bat of a man," said Kohaku with a sharp tone.

"It doesn't matter whether Asagiri Gen is a good guy or a bad guy. We need him to be on the side of the kingdom of science."

"So in that case," you cross your arms against your chest and intently stare at Senku. "We need him to make a bogus report to Tsukasa about you being certainly dead, is that it?"

Senku smirks at your conclusion then nods his head. "Because that's the only way we can win. If we are incompetent to procure the mentalist and make him tell a lie to Tsukasa, then this will be a game over for all of us."

"And you're going to die," you solidly stated, making Senku's expression turn into a grimly look.

All of a sudden, Chrome stands up and peers his head over the door of the hut, shouting and explaining to Gen about his opinion and telling him how science is fun as if he was convincing the mentalist to side with your group instead in order to prevent Tsukasa from killing Senku and the progression of science. However, much to Chrome's dismay, Gen responded to him with his candid answer, which was his plan of convincing the mentalist failed.

Kohaku was about to attack Gen, already holding her knife but thanks to Senku, he immediately halted the lioness from killing the guy. As for you, you only stared at the back of Gen, still trying to expound on what was running in his mind. Although your intuition tells you that he isn't your enemy, you were still wishy-washy because there's a possibility that Gen might side with Tsukasa especially that you just told him your conclusion about his objective.