Chapter 8: The Adventure

*****a few days later*****

A bus took us to a nearby forest. Then, we were told to sit down in groups. We were also told that no jewellery was allowed.

Two girls and three boys sat with me. They introduced themselves.

The first was called Hedron and he had a birthmark on his forehead; the second was called Diamond and wore a nether star necklace**; the third, Bareen (pronounced BA-reen); the forth, Minion and the fifth, Emerald.

I suddenly realized that something was weird about Diamond. I looked at her suspiciously. 

The other people turned their gaze to her too.

"Guys... it's not what you think... My parents wanted me to be endowed like them, so they sewed this necklace onto my neck... I'm not sure what it does, but It must have given me some special effects..." She turrned around. 

Oh my Notch! The necklace was really embedded into her neck!

Then, we had to choose our leader. I voted for Diamond. All the others voted for me.

"Alright, alright. I'll be the leader," I told them.

After that, we were taken to a small plot of land. We were told to survive here. I wrote a diary about it.

___________

**A beautiful white crystal. Sometimes a tint of purple could be seen.

Day 1

Morning

We built a base of dirt. Hedron chopped down a few trees. He made a workbench, a table and six chairs. Minion mined stone, coal and iron. No sign of any other metals. I made a furnace and crafted steel. Made a stove too.

Afternoon

We had lunch (mushroom stew served in stone bowls). We then "upgraded" our base to a stone house. Also found a river.

Evening

Found sheep and all of the mutton curry spices. Took off its wool to make beds. Killed it for dinner (mutton curry served in a steel pot).

Day 2

Morning

Mined granite*, diorite* and andesite*. Made a press. Diamond put in all the stones and extracted aluminium, silver and tungsten! Emerald mined redstone. Redstone is an electrical source. Barren found some sand and he smelted them into glass. Then using these materials, I made some light bulbs, wires and switches. 

Afternoon

We had sandwiches for lunch. We discovered how to make cement. I placed the wires, light bulbs and switches in such a way that they formed an electrical circuit. Hedron cemented them as I put.

Evening

I killed a lot of chickens and collected their eggs. I found a lot of mushrooms too.

______________

*Types of stone

______________

******

Then it was just the same until the last day. We did not find any gems or gold.

Someone picked us up. Then, he sent us back to the university. 

******

At the university, Sir Mineshafter read my diary. Actually, I'm not the only one who had a diary. All the other groups also had one.

Then, he rated our diaries. Mine had been rated 4 stars. One group had been rated 5 stars because they found a diamond and sang the song, "I Found a Diamond". They also included the lyrics in it.

Despite not being the best group, I also learnt how to make cement in the jouney. I'll rate this journey as 5 stars if I could.