Prologue

"Our ship only goes one way," he said as the tall one tied me to the main mast on the ship. I fight his grip and manage to get free, I run towards the guy that was talking to me and hit him square across the jaw. The tall one runs toward me and grabs me harder than before, forcing me to give in to him. He throws me down and wraps my arms behind the mast of the ship. He pulls ropes tight around my wrist and a sharp pain shoots through my wrists and all the way into my shoulder.

     "Ow!" I gripe at him. He smirks at me and rubs his large hand over my jaw. "It's supposed to hurt sweetheart. That's how you know I did it right," he leans close to me to whisper in my ear. "And next time you try to pull a stunt like that, I'll slit your throat." He runs his fingernail over my throat. He smiles at me evilly before standing up and walking away to stand behind who I am considering is the captain.

     I look at the "captain" in the eyes. "Why did you take me? Why am I here?!" I spit at him. He laughs in return and walks up to me, rubbing his jaw where I hit him. He squats down to where I have no choice but to look him in the eyes. I look down, so he grabs the bottom of my jaw harshly and slams my head upward to where I am staring into his deep, dark brown eyes. I can feel the fury radiating off of him like an aura. "We brought you here to become a part of our crew, but first we have to teach you a little lesson." He then stands up and mentions for someone to walk over. I look up and have no time to react before everything fades to black.