Getting to Know Everyone (Pt. 1)

"The first rule, you must listen to me. I am the captain of this ship, and what I say goes." He stares me in the eyes. "And after maybe two days, I am going to make you choose one of us to stay with as your protector. It gets rough out here. But for now, you need to get to know all of us." he takes a deep breath and sighs. He is already being nicer to me. I guess he has a soft spot for the guy that talked to me last night.

"So, each of you come up here one at a time and introduce yourself." He looks behind me to the men standing attentively. "Can I be untied first?" I ask. The pain in my wrists sending shocks of pain with every beat of my heart. The captain's eyes get big and he rushes towards me. "Sorry, I forgot we tied you up." he leans closer to whisper where only I can hear him, "I really am sorry, I get caught up in trying to make them think I am all tough, I don't want them to think I am not good enough." He gets up and backs away.

I move my arms around to the front of me. My wrists hurt even more now that they are freely moving. I look down and see huge bruises where the rope was digging into my wrists. That tall guy really tied them tight. I look back at him and he seems to look down in regret. I guess they all got a little carried away. Didn't expect me to go along with them so well, it seems.

The captain speaks first, "Well, I am Hongjoong. I am the captain of this ship. And my crew sitting behind you helps me keep this ship up and running. I don't think of myself as much of a leader, because these guys are all my best friends, but here I am." He gives me a small smile and looks back at the rest of the guys. "Who's next?"

The man that was talking to me last night walks in front of me. He sits down right in front of me, me still rubbing the life back into my wrists. "Hi, I am Wooyoung. I was the guy that sat and talked to you last night." His eyes get big and he looks back to the leader, who just simply rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

"Anyway. I hope you enjoy your time here with us. We aren't as bad as you might think."

I look at him with soft eyes and smile. "I know, Wooyoung. And thank you for talking to me last night." He smiles at me and gets up. Before he walks away, he pats my head and ruffles my hair. I let out a soft chuckle and try to fix my hair. My wrists are still killing me.

The next one to walk up is the tall guy. He walks up to me with his head hanging low. "I'm sorry I hurt your wrists. I shouldn't have gotten so carried away. My name is Mingi. He looks up at me and reaches out to grab my wrist. I don't pull away, so he grabs them and massages them. "I'll find you something to help with the pain," he tells me. I smile at him, which makes his whole face light up.

"Thank you, Mingi," I tell him before he gets up and walks away. Hongjoong looks at me and smiles. He crouches down next to me. "Hey, I am going to go take care of the ship. The boys will all come up to you at one point. If you need anything, just yell out. Someone will come and help you."

I nod my head and smile at him as he walks away. I lay my head back against the mast of the ship and close my eyes for a bit. I relax as I listen to the soft waves and birds chirping. The cool, salty wind brushes against my face and my hair flies around me.

"Am I interrupting something?" a soft voice calls out. I open my eyes and stare at the man now standing in front of me. "Oh, no, sorry." I laugh softly, a little embarrassed. He laughs in return. "Just trying to relax and take in my surroundings. I guess I didn't do too good of a job because I had no idea that you were there." I tell him.

He lets out a soft chuckle and extends his hand to me. I shake his hand, even though it sends another sharp pain through my arms. "Hi, I'm San. I am probably the weirdest person you will meet here. Well, maybe besides Yunho... He doesn't care what people think of him though. Which, I must say, should be a great thing. I am actually very insecure."