Two Days Ago

I wake up to the sound of my doorbell ringing. I throw my robe on and head to the front door. On my way there, whoever is at the door rings the doorbell again. "I'm on my way!" I yell as I pick up my pace to the door. I open the door to find my landlord there with papers.

"Anna, I need you to move out as soon as you can. I am kicking you out. This is the second time you have missed rent. I even lowered it specifically for you, and you still don't pay. I'm sorry, but I can't accept this. Get moved before two days is over." And she walks off to her car.

"Oh my God," I grunt to myself as I rub my hands over my face. "I guess I'm going to have to just take what I have and find me a trip to my homeland. I'm sure all of my old friends will be happy to see me." I went inside and packed everything that was important to me. I book a first-class suite on a cruise to South Korea.

I called a cab and then texted my friend goodbye as I waited for the cab to arrive. "Hey, I am going to move back to my homeland. I'm sorry it is so sudden, and I am not getting to say goodbye the right way. I will try to keep in contact with you after I move." I look up and walk over to my cab that has just arrived. I settle in the back seat as the driver loads my stuff in the trunk.

I tell him where to take me and I get a text. "I'll miss you Anna, but you deserve your own life. I hope all goes well in Korea. The best of luck from me. Don't forget that I love you and am always here for you. If you need me to fly over for a week or two, I will. If you need to move back to the U.S. and need somewhere to stay, I'm here for you." I smile and turn off my phone.

"Time for a new life," I whisper to myself as I stare out the window.