☀︎ Prologue ☀︎

I dropped to my knees as I saw my siblings and parent's lifeless bodies getting devoured by a demon.
"N-No.. please... stop!" I shouted in between sobs. The demon didn't answer, it just kept eating.

"I-I SAID STOP!"

The demon stopped eating and looked directly at me. "Hello there," the demon said with a croaky voice, "is this your family?"
I nodded as tears rolled down my cheeks.

☀︎

The demon had an evil grin as he looked into my eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did you want to get eaten too so that you're not left out?"
My heart skipped a beat as I shed more tears. The demon suddenly jumped at me, he still had that evil grin.
I shrieked as I covered my face with my arms. But suddenly, there was a slash. I opened my eyes, confused, and looked down. The demon was on the floor, decapitated.

☀︎

"Are you ok?," I jumped and looked behind me, it was a boy with a half-red, half-green cube pattered haori. He had jet black hair and blue eyes that looked like the ocean. I stood there, unable to say anything since I was in shock.

I nodded, tears still flowing down. He stared at me, he looked sad. "What's your name?"
"Y-Y/N..."
"...My name is Giyuu Tomioka."

☀︎

And that's how I met Giyuu. I was 16 when it happened and Giyuu was 17. I was a demon slayer at the time, but I was on a day off.
I'm in his debt for saving my life. I have to repay him somehow!
———
That's the prologue! I'm sorry if this story isn't descriptive enough or if something doesn't make sense. And I'm sorry that this chapter was so short!
I hope you enjoy the rest of the story!