Chapter 3 - Staying Strong

Y/N's POV

Time Skip - 30 Minutes
You open your eyes, waking up to see Tomioka-San's dark blue orbs staring directly at your (e/c) ones. "They're so pretty," you accidentally thought out loud, Tomioka-San's eyes widened as he blushed, then he quickly moved back.

"D-Did I say that out loud..?"

Tomioka-San was avoiding eye contact with you, "yes."

You jumped up, embarrassed and immediately winced, you completely forgot that you were injured. "Ow, ow, owww!"

"Ah! Don't move too much, Y/N-San, you're badly injured," he says, gently leaning you back into the log. "D-Dont worry! I can deal with it!", you stand back up, but you're so light-headed, you end up falling back. Tomioka-San catches you before you hit your head on the log, "Y/N-San, dont do that," he had a very concerned expression and tone of voice, completely different from his usual cold expression he always wore.

"I have an idea," Tomioka-San carefully let me go, leaving me standing as he crouched down, facing away from you. "Hop on," he said as he pointed at his back.

"A-Are you sure?", you became visibly flustered, "I don't want to weigh you down..."
He stares into your eyes, "it's fine, Y/N-San."
You hesitantly got on his back and he stood up and started walking. You found it really awkward since none of you spoke.

You remember that you said that his eyes were pretty and decided to say something about it, "s-sorry about earlier... I was just uhm— light-headed! So I accidentally said that. Not that your eyes aren't pretty or anything!! They're really beautiful, they suit you!!" Your eyes widen and your cheeks flushed a bright red as you realised what you said. What were you thinking?? You were literally just rambling!!

You look at the back of Tomioka-San's head, the tips of his ears were almost red. Was he blushing as well?
"T...T-Thanks...", You barely heard what he said, it almost sounded like a whisper. You made it even more awkward then it already was.

Time Skip - 10 Minutes
Tomioka-San set you down against a tree, "keep quiet, there's something coming." You nodded your head and kept quiet as he said. He looks behind the tree you were leaning against, he put a finger up to his lips, signalling you to be quiet. He stood up and unsheathed his sword, clearly staring at something. He takes a few steps away from you, making the thing walk towards him and not you. As the thing got closer, you find out that it's another one of the demon slayer bodies attached to threads. It jumps at Tomioka-San and he dodges, cutting the threads. You hear more footsteps coming towards you and Tomioka-San, you shut your eyes and try to sense where they're coming from.

There are 3 coming towards Tomioka-San, from above. "TOMIOKA-SAN THERE ARE 3 OF THEM COMING FROM ABOVE!" You shout out. He looks up and jumps back, dodging the attack from above. He looks at you, giving you a small smile, showing that he's thankful that you told him. He continues attacking as you feel something crawling up your (favourite color) haori, it was a spider, and as you looked under your haori, there were around 15 more. The spiders started crawling up your clothing as you desperately tried to swipe them off. But you couldn't get them off in time as the spiders successfully tied their webs onto you, making you their puppet.

Your body suddenly unsheathed your sword and jumped towards Tomioka-San, about to attack him, "WATCH OUT!" You screamed as he jumped out of the way. You desperately tried to fight back, but you couldn't. You couldn't control your body at all and the pain of your wound was unbearable.

"I'm sorry! I was too weak! You should've not come here with me... you should've gone with another hashira!" You said as you continuously swung your sword at Tomioka-San. "It's not your fault," he comfortingly said as he dodged your slashes. Tomioka-San repeatedly tried to slash the threads holding you, but it was too hard as you kept jumping back and dodging. Then you slashed at him, it was too fast that he didn't have time to dodge it. The slash wounded his arm, making his blood soak into his haori as he kept his guard up. "I-I'm sorry!" You cried out. Then, your arms were pulled back, too far maybe the manipulator was trying to release a big attack.