Chapter 8 - Awake

Time Skip - 3 Months
Your eyes flutter open slowly as you take in your surroundings. You're in a bed, in a small room, bandages wrapped around right around your torso and a lot of medicine on your bedside table.

'Where am I?' You thought as you stare at the ceiling. As you try to recollect your thoughts, you suddenly start to remember what happened: a demon broke into your estate, you couldn't fight back and you ended up getting stabbed. 3 times. Tomioka-San and Tanjiro were able to rescue you. 'Ah...'

All of a sudden, footsteps could be heard coming closer to your room. Your eyes were glued to the entrance of your room, you wanted to see someone and ask what happened; how long you've been asleep for. Then, a girl with a bamboo muzzle came into your view, peeking into your room.

"Nez-!" You choked on your own words out of excitement. Nezuko's eyes glistened with happiness as she ran towards you and grasped you into a tight hug. She let go and started running to the doorway. You gulped and managed to faintly say, "where are you going?" Nezuko just hummed in response as she dashed down the hall.

'I wonder where she's going...'

A few minutes pass and all you heard were multiple fast footsteps headed towards your room. 'More people?' Mitsuri slides into your room, "Y/N-CHAN!!" She shouts before rushing to your side and hugging you. "We missed you so much!" (You became good friends with Mitsuri in that 1 month time skip before chapter 4)

You slowly lift up your arms and weakly hug her back. She lets go as the Hashira, Tanijro, Nezuko, Zenitsu and Inosuke quickly walk into your room. "We thought you were going to die, Y/N!" Tanjiro exclaims. "Yeah! That would've been bad, you've only been a Hashira for 4 months!" Rengoku adds with a small chuckle. You warmly smile at all of them as they all come to your side, telling you what's been going on around the place and what not.

"How long have I been asleep for?" You ask after they all told you what had happened while you were gone.

"3 months, L/N-San," Tomioka-San answers with a stoic expression. You hum in response, turning your head to your bedside table. "Well, Y/N-Chan, I think you should get some rest. We'll leave you be for now!" Mitsuri beams at you as she leads everyone out of the room, but Tomioka-San stays in your room as everyone leaves.

You look at him, suddenly remembering what he did for you. Tears threatening to leave your eyes as you stare at his blue orbs. "...T-Thank you, Tomioka-San! I-I would've been... dead if you weren't there..." tears roll down your cheeks as you slowly wipe them away with your weak hands. He sits down on a chair next to your bed, "it's ok, L/N-San. I didn't want someone else that I care for to die," he give you a small and warm smile. Even though it was small, it made your heart flutter and your tears stop.

"How did you know I was getting attacked?" You ask him, curious. "I was with Tanjiro and he smelt blood and fear coming from your estate. Tanjiro and I ran to your place as fast as we could because you might've been in danger," he explained with the same blank expression, but his eyes were filled with kindness. You nod, smiling at him and thanking him once again for what he and Tanjiro did.

The days went on, and your friends would come to visit you often, bringing you food, snacks and presents and telling you to recover soon so that you could hang out with them. Like Mitsuri, she's been telling you that when you get out you're going to feast on sakura mochi as a celebration. And who could say no to that?

Time Skip - 2 Months
You were finally let out after being throughly checked by Shinobu. You have to admit, it was really awkward between you two because of that whole rival thing that happen a few months prior.

You put on your Demon Slayer uniform and your dark blue haori. You slipped on your shoes and damn, did it feel good to be wearing this again. You exited the butterfly estate, happy and joyful to be able to go outside freely.

"Y/N-Chaaaan!" A shout from behind you got closer and closer until you turn around and someone tackles you to the ground. "Mitsuri-Chan!" You both hug each other, happy to be in each other's embrace after a long 5 months. "I missed you sooo much," Mitsuri exclaims while burying her face onto your shoulder. "I missed you too, Mitsuri-Chan," you pat her on the back and you both stood up.

"Y/N-Chan, you know what we're going to do now, right?" Mitsuri's face grew a grin as you raised a brow in confusion, "sa~ku~ra mo~chi~!" Mitsuri exclaimed happily. "Oh right!" You realised.

"Let's go!" Mitsuri grabbed you by the hand and dragged you all the way to a high-quality restaurant that sold good food and delicious mochi. The both of you went inside, the aroma of the restaurant itself was enough to make your mouth water.

You and Mitsuri then took a seat at a table, ordering your food; sakura mochi. You both finished ordering and patiently waited for the mochi to come. "Y/N-Chan, just becareful about eating too much of the mochi, ok? I don't want your hair to turn out like mine.... pink. Your h/c hair is already so pretty!" She warned. You nodded with a smile, and then suddenly, the mochi was placed onto the table in front of you, the smell of it making your mouth water even more. "Thank you for the food!" both you and Mitsuri said before digging in.

——
IM SORRY BUT WHAT??? 1.26K READS? uH I-