Chapter 12 - Mixed Emotions

(Sorry for the late update everyone!)

Y/N turned around to see the butterfly Hashira's tsugoku, Kanao Tsuyuri.

The raven haired girl wasn't smiling like usual, her expression seemed sad; maybe even filled with pity. Y/N stared at her, her mind still focused on finding Shinobu. "You must've come here for Kocho-Sama, am I correct?" Kanao asks, averting her eyes from Y/N to avoid her pained expression. "Yes... is she here right now? I just wanted to talk," Y/N asks, forcing a small smile.

Kanao looks at Y/N, looking worried. "She's upstairs," she plays with the hem of her white cloak, "...I know how irritating Kocho-Sama can get with these sort of things and I apologise for that... I know I'm not supposed to be the one apologising, but please understand."

Y/N nods, looking at the stairs case leading up. "I understand, thank you for telling me," Y/N bows and walks towards the stairs. She goes up slowly, her heart pounding hard against her chest.

"L/N-Chan!~"

A voice calls from above the stairs. Y/N looks above to see Shinobu, smiling, but her eyes had a scary expression. "Ah..." Y/N couldn't bring herself to say anything. 'Why? Why am I so scared?' Was all that Y/N could think.

Y/N stops in her tracks as Shinobu glares at her as she walks down towards Y/N. Shinobu stops on the step in front of Y/N, "ara ara~ you really had to courage to come here? To my estate?" Shinobu laughs and leans her face closer to Y/N's. "Get over it. Giyuu-San wouldn't like a pest like you, so you should give up!" Shinobu's sinister smile grows bigger. Y/N stares at Shinobu, irritated.

"No."

Shinobu's eyes widen, taken aback from Y/N's response, "I won't give up! He saved me from dying back then... I love him for that! And the fact that he and I have met again after years of not seeing each other, what if it's fate? Maybe we're meant to be!" Y/N shouts, tears building up in her eyes.

Y/N's glossy eyes look up at Shinobu's purple orbs. Shinobu couldn't form any words, she thought that Y/N would've given up already and that she could have Giyuu all to herself. "...what the hell, Y/N," tears slowly begin to pile up in Shinobu's eyes.

"Why are you so determined... why are you so strong...?" Tears begin streaming down Shinobu's cheeks, "I already told everyone that I'm dating him, yet you're still so determined to win him over, god damn it..." she uses her haori's sleeve to wipe the tears from her pink cheeks.

Y/N stares at the woman crying in front of her. She can't help but feel a little guilty. "I'm sorry, Kocho-San," Y/N turns around and walks back down the stairs, leaving a crying Shinobu on the stairs. Y/N walks out of the estate, tears pricking the corner of her eyes as she walked towards her estate.

"Hm.." little did they know that Giyuu was there the whole time, watching and listening to what happened.

———
this was short as hEll-
next chapter i'll try to make the word count higher,, maybe like 700-1000 words??

damn what if y/n went all yandere and just murdered shinobu at the stairs 😳
jkjk dw i won't do that