Chapter I

A twenty-five year old woman, Jennie Kim, has been working non-stop since she graduated from her Master's Degree in Structural Engineering. Because of her hustle, she was easily hired from a high-end construction firm in their city, Seoul.

She's currently rummaging through her desk, finding her flashdrive where she saved her building design. It took her days just to finish it. And spent an all nighter for slight revisions. Of course, as an engineer, she has to make sure her design meets the standard. Safety of the people who'll use the infrastructure is at stake.

"Fuck." She mumbled.

And a familiar flashdrive caught her cat-like eyes. The small hard hat keychain still attached to it. She smiled bitterly. The keychain held a sentimental value that pushed her from where she is now. And the flashdrive? It contains bunch of memories, bittersweet memories.

"Shit. Not the right time to reminisce." Jennie told to herself, keeping the flashdrive somewhere in her desk.

Meeting with her client is set an hour from now. She's now panicking. Giving herself a slap for not having a back up file.

"Are you searching for this?" Lisa asked, showing Jennie a flasdrive.

The girl heaved a sigh.

"Goddamn, Manoban. I'm losing my shit here searching for that damn drive. Please, don't touch things on my desk." Jennie sad, a little bit frustrated and relieved.

Lisa came closer to her and hand in the flashdrive. She also came with a tracing tube in her hand.

"You should be thankful, I print it for you."

Her frustrations turned into gratitude towards her bestfriend who is also an engineer in the firm. Unlike Jennie, Lisa is an Electrical Engineer. They went into the same university in college.

"Thanks, Lis. I really can count on you at times like these." Jennie hugged her bestfriend.

The two have been bestfriends for years and now they're sharing a condo just across their workplace.

"Don't thank me, nini. You owe dinner tonight and some drinks. Bye! Goodluck on your meeting." Lisa said, walking out from Jennie's office not waiting for the girl's response.

"Well, I guess bill's on me tonight. Clever Manoban." Jennie just shook her head.

She put on a light make up and fixed her blazer and prepared herself for her meeting. She took her bag and blue print and made her way to the meeting area.

-

"Great design, Engr. Kim. Looking forward on working with you and your firm." The client said, looking satisfied on Jennie's work.

"Our pleasure, sir. We'll make sure you don't regret trusting us with your building." Jennie said, handing the contract with the client.

They both signed the contract and having copies on their own. The meeting ended up with a handshake as a sign with their partnership.

Jennie smiled widely. She wonders if they're still together now, would she be proud of her? Absolutely.

Kim Jisoo, her ex-girlfriend, had been her support system ever since she started pursuing her engineering dream. She always motivates Jennie whenever she had a lots of problem sets to do. She joined Jennie for staying up late just to finish her plates. And she was there every step of the way not until they graduated college.

A loud beep from a car saved Jennie from drowning on her thoughts. She shrugged it off and came back into her senses. She called Lisa to pick her up.

She hopped into the car and went to the passenger seat.

"How was the meeting?" The younger one asked.

"It went perfectly fine. Let's go to the usual." Jennie's mood turned 360 when she remembered her.

Lisa didn't complain and just followed Jennie's instructions. She knows her bestfriend has been dealing with shits for too long. So, she always stays by her side.

"Where in the freaking world are you Jisoo?"

-
this has been long overdue.
i'm back! (am i?)
my sched isn't that hectic i might update every week or i don't know.