Chapter IV

a/n: waddup. been wanting to update this story since i've been unproductive this quarantine. but yeah, been feeling unmotivated, too. idk what got into me today. so here's an update!

-

Summer vacation is over. And Jennie has to face the reality. Her first day in the university is one week from now. She has yet to buy things for school.

They just finished unloading their things. The two has decided to rent an apartment. Their unit actually consists of three rooms. At first they asked for unit with two rooms only but they have no choice as it's the only unit available in the building. They made sure that the other roomate has to be a girl also.

The two made their way to the nearest mall and buy things they need for the school.

As expected, many people are also buying their stuff today. They decided to hurry up because the place is too crowded.

They are almost done. The only thing Jennie hasn't crossed out yet is mechanical pens. One set left on the shelf, she was about to grab it but her hand landed unto someone else's. She fixed her gaze to the person who also grabbed the set, not realizing that she's still holding her hand.

"I thought you're buying the pens why are you holding that stranger's hand." Lisa whispered to Jennie. And that made Jennie to take her hand off.

The girl faced Jennie, extending her arm.

"Here you can have it." She said with a polite smile.

Suddenly, Jennie got flustered.

"Nope, you can take it. You had it first." Declining the girl's offer.

There was a moment of silence. The girl was hesitating whether to insist or just take it.

"Still thinking about that girl, no?" Lisa teased, waggling her eyebrows.

Jennie just rolled her eyes. The girl's hand still lingers with hers. And what Lisa had said, she's still thinking about the stranger. She doesn't know why but she feels something on her stomache. Or she must be feeling...

"I'm already hungry." She said, as they left the store. Luckily, they still have stocks on the mechanical pens. It's a must need item on her list as she will use it to her DRAW01 class.

The two made their way to their favorite burger place. The place is almost filled up. Fortunately enough, they found a 4 seater table. Lisa lined up to the counter to order.

"Hi, excuse me, is this seat taken?" Jennie didn't bother to look up as she's busy playing in her phone.

"No, i'm available." She absent mindedly said.

When she heard a chuckle, that's when she realized what she just said. She mentally face palmed herself.

"I mean it's avaible. Sorry." Jennie said, having a trouble in maintaining an eye contact with the stanger. And, oh, it was the same girl at the store earlier.

The mood suddenly shifted, it was awkward. Jennie wishes Lisa would come back now.

As if on cue, Lisa came to their table. "Oh, i just orderd and now you have a date." Lisa smirked.

Jennie's glared at Lisa. If looks can kill, Lisa is lying on ther floor lifeless now.

"Ah! You're the girl from earlier. What a coincidence or what is.... destiny?" Lisa said, she whispered the last word but loud enough for Jennie to hear.

"I'm Lisa and this is my friend, Jennie." Lisa, being the social butterfly that she is, offered a handshake from the girl beside them.

"I'm Kim Jisoo." The girl said, wiping her greasy hand with tissue and accepts Lisa's hand.

Jennie and Jisoo just exchanged an awkward smile.

"Are you an uni student?" Lisa started a conversation, just to lighten up the mood.

"Yes, an incoming freshie from SNU. How about you guys?" Jisoo started to feel comfortable.

"Girl, same!" Lisa exclaimed.

Their conversation continued, it feels like Jisoo is their long lost friend. Because they clicked so fast. They later find out that Jisoo is an architecture student. Their courses fit so perfectly, too.

"So, where are you going now?" Jennie asked while they're heading out of the mall.

"I'm going to my unit just across the uni. I unloaded my things last week. I actually excited at the same time nervous about my roommates tho."

And with that, Lisa and Jennie look at each other. There are possibilities that their other roommate is Jisoo.

"I'm going to have goosebumps if your unit no. is 207 ." Lisa said, anticipating Jisoo's answer.

"What?! No way. This is crazy!" Jisoo has her hand on her mouth, she was in disbelief.

The two was beyond shocked. They're happy to know Jisoo is their roommate. They met her at an unexpected way.

Who would have thought that a stranger from that store whom they suddenly shared a table with at the burger place is actually their roommate?

Maybe, they were really destined to be together.

-

and that's how their friendship started.
just a little background from their beginning. how you like that?
hope you enjoyed this ud! xx