Chapter 3: Past

Author's P.O.V 

 Texts between Harvey Carson and Charlotte Schrieve

 Harvey: Hey

 Hi? How are you? What's up? Charlotte's mind couldn't figure out what could she possibly respond to something so little as a 'Hey' from someone who has such a big impact on her heart, someone so special that it's not possible for her to express that person with just letters or words. It was as if she froze, frozen solid. But when she kept typing out a simple reply, she erased it immediately, feeling so unsure about whether it was worth it. Replying to a simple 'Hey' has never been so difficult for Charlotte. 

 Charlotte: Oh hey"Well at least she replied." Harvey thinks within himself and is a bit relieved and gets his hopes up that things might actually work out. 

 Harvey: How are you? 

 Charlotte: I am great...what about you?

 Harvey: Yeah I am fine 

 Charlotte: Oh that's good to hear...

 Harvey: So, what have you been up to lately?

 Charlotte: Well I am in my first year in college now 

Harvey: What college did you get in? 

 She couldn't take it, she felt like bursting out every word, everything she has been holding back for the past 5 years. But before that, Charlotte decided not to let her guard down, she wanted to know whether Harvey still had feelings for her, whether the feelings between them were mutual. As straightforward as it sounded, Charlotte didn't feel like she cared and asked Harvey with fear mixed with hope.

 Charlotte: Okay, why did you text me Harvey? 

Oh no is she feeling bothered? Does she hate me? Has she found someone else? The negative train of thought rushed through Harvey's mind, and made him feel terrible. "Take it easy Harvey. Just act cool and don't get desperate. Whenever you get desperate you push her away." He says to himself. He takes a deep breath in, and holds back his emotions 

 Harvey: Just to check up on you

 Somewhere, some corner of Charlotte's heart instantly shattered, her hopes immediately began disappearing into thin air again while Charlotte herself held onto all of that escaping hope as much as she could to prevent them from getting away so easily... 

 Charlotte: Is that...really it?

 Not being to hold back his feelings any longer, Harvey gives in. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't keep his feelings for Charlotte bottled up inside him. He couldn't do this anymore, he just had to let her know how he felt. 

 Harvey: Ok fine it's not just that. It's actually much more...

 As Charlotte read that little text, a small smile, perhaps a smile of regaining hopefulness carved itself on her rosy lips; a sigh of relief escaped through her mouth. 

 Charlotte: What is it then?

 "Here I go, pushing away the love of my life..." Harvey says to himself before texting.

 Harvey: Charlotte, look the thing is...I still have feelings for you

 Charlotte: Do you really...? 

 Harvey: Yes I do! Charlotte, I fell in love with you on the very first day we met, and I couldn't stop thinking about you ever since. I know it seems weird..how I am suddenly knocking you after all these years but it's the truth Charlotte, and I finally had to get it out. I have been waiting to reach out to you for so long