Chapter 1

"Hey John, I'm leaving! Make sure you file in the new books we got." I stated as I quickly clocked myself out and started the walk back home from my job at the library. I loved reading the books and getting new ideas. That's why I chose to take an internship at the library. It was a perfect fit for me. Even if I am only 12.

I took out my phone and scrolled through songs. Once I chose a song I stuck my earbuds in my ears. I turned left at the street light and started to cross a bridge on my way home. I was so engrossed in the music I barely heard the shouts but I quickly discarded them as regular city behavior. 

I was halfway across the bridge when I heard honking. I turned and saw a giant truck careening straight towards me. I started to run but I wasn't fast enough. It caught me in its grasp and pulled me off the side of the bridge with it. As we plummeted toward the water below us I held my breath. 

We hit the water hard. I almost gasped letting go of the air I had, but I didn't. The truck was weighing me down, not letting me swim around. I was trapped between the truck and the coral on the seafloor and my lungs were starting to burn.

I struggled to wriggle myself out of my predicament but I didn't have the strength to pull a 10,000-pound truck off of me while underwater and rapidly losing oxygen. Still, I fought, hoping that someone might be able to help me.

My throat burned and suddenly the instinct to open my mouth and breath became too much. I gasped, letting go of all the air I had, drinking in water. I choked on it, trying to shove all the water pr off muy system. The edges of my vision started darkening. I tried with all my might to get back to the surface.

Finally, my vision went completely black as I lost consciousness.

Sometime later I woke up. Not literally, but I heard voices around me. At first, I thought that I was in the hospital and that I just didn't have enough energy to wake up, but then I realized that: first of all, I couldn't move any part of my body, secondly, I just died, there is no way to come back from that, and finally, there was someone else right next to me. 

I felt a hand touch me, except it was not normal but it was soft, smooth and the fingers were not long enough to be an adult's. I tried to move my hands but found they were the same. Either they were normal-sized or we were both tiny. 

Maybe I haven't died just yet and my brain is hallucinating this whole place I'm in, trying to make me feel happy during my death and not sad.

I thought of other situations that I could be in, but for all the books I read they were not helping me out with this. Okay, where am I? This warm, comfy place. I heard a woman's voice from outside of here. I tried to listen as best I could but the words were slurred through the walls around us (me and the other person in here). I caught a few: baby, boy, and fate.

Ok! I think I'm a baby. But I didn't I just die? I guess I reincarnated. I was reborn and the other person here is my twin? Ok, ok. I just died and then was reincarnated. Yep, everyone does this on a regular basis when they die. This is just a normal thing. Help! 

After some time (you can't tell time here in my mother's womb) I felt a tightness around me. I realized that I was about to be born, and I don't want to make this any harder for whoever my mother is. She already has to give birth to two children so I didn't want to make it any harder for her. With that in mind, I didn't make any fuss when it came to my turn to come out before my twin.

As I came out a bright light attacked me. I tried to open my eyes and found that I was being held by the person who I would assume is my new mother. A few minutes later my twin came out. I grabbed my twin and tried to get a good look at my mother.

Suddenly a swishing noise caught my attention. I turned my head to see that a man was walking toward us.

"They are beautiful, Sally," he said. Sally, that's our mother's name. 

"I know Poseidon, I wonder what to name them." Poseidon? His parents must have loved greek mythology. "I was expecting the boy so I think Perseus will do good for him. He will have a happy ending. But what should I name the girl? I hadn't prepared for having a baby girl as well."

Sometime during the conversation, the nurses had left to give the two parents privacy. "Never in my thousands of years walking earth have I had a demigod daughter, twins sure, but not a daughter. The Fates have blessed me with a daughter." 

Wait! Thousands of years?! Fates?! Is this the real Poseidon? Poseidon, the god of the seas, is my father?! And Perseus, isn't that Percy's full name? Oh my god, no gods, I was just reborn as Percy's twin sister! Into a book series! That's supposed to be fiction! Calm down me, deep breath in and a deep breath out. In, out, in, out, in, out, there you go.

Okay, my dad's a greek god and I have been reincarnated into a book series. Right after I died. And was reincarnated. With my memories. This is just a perfectly normal day. But, you know what? My mom's life is already going to be a hassle with Percy, I don't want to make more trouble for her. I'm going to be the best that I can be for her.

"Diana. That's her name. Diana and Perseus Jackson."