Chapter 4

6th grade. I'm going into 6th grade tomorrow. Well, Percy's going into 6th grade and I'm going into boredom. I love school, but no one seems to realize that since I'm so smart I'm bored. That's why I try to answer every question possible, to satiate my boredom. ADHD! Anyway since I'm going into 6th grade I'm going to make sure that I uncover my aura. That's what I'm going to be calling my scent.

Grover the satyr is going to find us and to do that he is going to have to know that I am a demigod. I sighed and started to uncover my aura. I make sure to still leave it partially covered because my aura is stronger now that I know what I am compared to when I didn't.

Once I am done I start to pack all my stuff for school. We are going to Yancy tomorrow with all our stuff. I gather all my clothes as well as a bunch of money that I have been hiding away from Gabe. I get my sketchbook and a box of color pencils that our mother got me for my 8th birthday.

Once I pack all my stuff in my suitcase I go outside and get Percy. He is outside playing a game of how-many-papers-can-he-throw instead of selling. I sighed. "Percy, have you packed all your stuff? We're leaving tomorrow morning."

I see him abruptly stop. "Wait, what?!" He shouts. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"If you remember, I did. You wanted more time to 'sell papers'. Not that you do that anyway." I tell him.

"I do sell the papers, thank you very much. Just no one wants to buy them." He denies.

"You know you're lies are as empty as your suitcase currently is," I say trying to get him back on topic. It works, he is racing back inside faster than a racecar. I follow him inside and see him throwing all his stuff into his suitcase. I sigh. I have never been able to get him to clean up neatly.

The next day we say our goodbyes. "I can't believe school is starting already. I'm going to miss you, mom," I say.

We take the bus to school. Once we reach there we go straight to the principle's office to get our schedules. We have all the same classes. Of course. I have my dorm on the girls' side. It is to the left while the boys; side is to the right. I quickly go put our stuff down in my dorm and grab a few books to take with me to my classes.

I have Latin first. I wonder who the teacher was before Chiron. Oh, well. I make my way over to the classroom. I have to find it through maps that were posted on the walls for newer students.

Once I enter I take a seat in the front. A few minutes later everyone is in the classroom. I notice that Percy is in the back sitting next to Grover. I shoot him an encouraging smile. I may be a pro at learning and school but Percy isn't. He also doesn't have the advantage of knowing 6 languages fluently in his past life. I still remember all 6 languages. Latin wasn't one of them but I knew French, Spanish, and Italian which all derive from Latin, and English and German which have many Latin words and influences.

"Hello everyone, my name is Mr. Bohne. I will be teaching you Latin for the year. Before I start I do have some rules for my class." And so the day went. The day went by in a flash. Before I knew it, it was the end of the day and time for my sword fighting classes.

I had thought it would be a good idea to learn sword fighting before we got to camp. When I found out that Yancy surprisingly had a sword fighting class I asked mom about it. And mom agreed. Even though I thought that she would put up more of a fight. So I joined it.

Once it was done I went back to my dorm to get to know my dorm-mate and sort out all of my things.

It turns out that my dorm-mate Julia and I have a lot in common. We both like to draw, think Nancy Bobofit is stupid, and aren't part of one of those rich families many here are. It's great knowing I won't be sharing a room with one of those pompous kids who think we just are trash under their feet.

The after that, life strikingly normal. It was easy to fall into a routine and forget about all the weird things that have happened to me. Despite the fact that my whole family was different and I was different from before, suddenly it was like I had never fallen off that bridge and died.

I would wake up, brush my teeth, get ready for school, the attend class. In class, I would sit with Percy and we would talk - usually dissing the teachers but they don't need to know about that. After school, Percy, Grover, and I would get together in their dorms and hang out. Sometimes we would go and start prank wars with the girls. Of course, Nancy would always try to hit us the hardest; but it was easy to see that she had a crush on Percy, no matter how much she denied it.

I barely even noticed when Mr. Bohne moved away and Mr. Brunner took his place. Everything felt so normal. It wasn't until that one day that I started to become more aware.

It had started out just liek any other day. The sun was shining, the grass was green, Nancy was picking on Grover, and by extension Percy and I. You know, the normal.

Percy, Grover, and I eventually escaped Nancy by throughly embarrassing her in front of her friends. We sat down in math class and our teacher, Mrs. Tipton, started teaching us algebra.

She was sweating a little and started to tear up in the middle of the lesson. Next thing I knew, she was overturning desks and chairs, gripping and groaning. Mrs. Tipton kept mumbling something under her breath, something about monsters and demons.

A few kids ran out of the room, but most of us were frozen. I grabbed Percy and Grover before ushering us out of the door and away from her. To my surprise, the principle was walking this way while talking to a lady. Percy and I exchanged glances before running up to the principle and telling him what was going on.

He was reasonably worried, but he said that the lady had come just at the right time. He brought us back to the classroom before making an announcement. "Class, the is Mrs. Dodds. She is from Georgia, and graciously decided to teach here. Be nice to her okay?"

Horror struck me. Mrs. Dodds. Alecto. A Fury.

How could I have let myself become so lax? I vowed to myself to never get caught offguard by an event like this again. To protect Percy.