This is the Moment

(A/N Because of where I have wanted this story to be at here, and the fact that my writing has changed a little, there may be a few disparities I need to clear up, but I won't all in one big bundle in one chapter so please bare with me, and if I don't address something later on, please let me know.)

Ladybug's POV

I ignore the beep in my ear as we fly through the air. I've still got time. The cold wind hits my face harshly, and I look behind me to check if Chat is keeping up. He notices me and smiles back, before winking, making me look forward again in frustration.

Hopefully he won't be suspicious of me, because of the panic I left his gift behind a bush on the top of my room. As we reached the familiar railing I try to think of some excuse as to why I chose here, just in case he asks. But the cold wind brings me out of my thoughts, and it's gotten much darker; sunset would soon be approaching.

We sit on the railing, and as I lean back to reach for my gift, he asks exactly what I hoped he wouldn't.

"So, why here?"

I pause for a moment, racking my brains to think of anything other than "this is where I live".

"W-well, I thought it would give us a nice view, of the sunset!" I quickly clarified.

He looks back at me and nods in understanding, turning away to look at the view. I sit back up as I reach his present, and scoot a little closer. We sit in silence for a few moments as the wind continues to pass through us, making us both shiver, but at least we won't be here for long. Another beep in my ear reminds me of that fact.

Truth be told, it was moments like these that reminded me that I wanted to know Chat a little bit more. Does he like Christmas? What's his favourite colour? What does he think of me as a hero?

It continues to get a little darker. Red and orange spread out like vast ripples over the sky as sunset begins, and I turn to look at him.

"So, I got you this," I said slowly, fingering the large bow wrapped around the little box in my hands. He looked back at me, then at the gift, and a look of surprise crossed his face.

"That looks really cool," he replied softly, not taking his eyes off it, "thank you," he added as I handed it to him. Without looking at me, he started to undo the ribbon, before twitching and glancing at me awkwardly, then started to reach for something. "A-and this is for you!" He said with a cheerful smile. A delicate box, smaller than the one I gave him, was in his hands, and he quickly pressed it into mine.

"Thank you," I gasped. There was an awkward silence as he fiddled with the bow again, determinedly not looking at me, and I tilted the box in my hands to look at it from every angle. Carved into it were tiny, intricate patterns of vines and flowers, hardly noticeable in the rapidly shrinking sunlight.

"Now don't think that's a ring there m'lady! I wouldn't be that forward with you." He laughed a little, and I know he's only just joking here so I laugh too.

Sometimes he's genuinely really sweet, and I'm reminded again of how glad I am to have him with me to do all the things Ladybug does.

One more beep in my ear makes me leap off the railing in panic.
"Oh, Chat, you need to go!"

"What? Oh, yeah.."

All he does is jump so that he lands in front of me, and I cross my arms in annoyance.

"Go!"

"Don't you need to go too? We're in the same situation here."

"Wha- Well yeah of course!" How can he be so calm? We both know we shouldn't reveal who we are, that would be a total disaster!

"Ok ok," he says, as if exasperated a little. Then he takes a step closer to me, now avoiding eye contact, "there's just one more thing..." He's close enough that I can see a light blush begin to grow from under his mask.

My shoulders tense up, my breath hitches in my throat, and a sharp prickle of anticipation settles in the centre of my spine.

"Ch-Chat, what's goi-"

Before I can finish my question I feel him lean in close, and press his lips against mine. Gently placing his hands at my waist, I twitched, and moved a step closer to him, slowly moving my hands to his shoulders.

Then, I started to kiss back.

Why? Well because in some strange way, this feels right, even familiar possibly, and I'm lost to this warm feeling inside. My heart is beating wildly, body held in suspense, hands tingling. I'm so overwhelmed by what's happening, that I fail to notice we're now both caught in a blur of glowing lights, and there's a rushing wind roaring in my ears, telling me that time's up.

We quickly separate as both of us start to transform back into our original selves. My mask peels away, and my suit starts to disappear into a cloud of butterflies. No no no no, this so bad! He'll see who I am, I'll see who he is, and could this mean we lose our status as superheroes, I mean we're jeopardising the secrets we promised to keep, and not to mention, what happens if I recognise him, or him me, or what if we know each other? I doubt that last thought, but this is still incredibly risky. Cringing, I cover my eyes because I'm scared to look at whoever it could be in front of me.

But as I finally become Marinette again, after what felt like an eternity, I peek between my fingers to see who it is.