Chapter 1

"Do you know what I hate about you?" There was a billion reason to hate her. But she was curious to know what exactly was the most pronounced of all her faults.

"What?" What could her three-year-old patient possibly hate about her?

She flashed a chastened smile at him as she prepared to inject his arm with the flu shot she was holding. "Tell me what you hate about me," she repeated. When she saw his face squish in response, she injects the fluid into his arm with a soft cheer, "done."

She smirked at him as his mom immediately gave him a lollipop. "He looks healthy. You should try as much as possible to keep his sugar levels low because his sugar levels are very high." She said, pulling the soft cheek of the three-year-old.

He slapped her hand away, crying, with the lollipop deep inside his mouth.

"I will do my best to," his mom replied with a nod of her head as she flashed the doctor her most expensive smile. She pulled her son down from the bed.

Victoria's smile brightened as the child avoids staring at her, "bye Tommy." She waved them goodbye placing both her hands in her pockets.

She watched the child walk out of her office. The lollipop was still dangling in his mouth while complaining to his mother.

Her smile faded away when she felt her heart grow heavy as they escaped her line of vision. She smiled to herself as she imagined how cute her child would look with the type of gene both her and mate had.

An alpha. A ruling one at that.

She sighed, seating her plump ass back on the soft cushion of her leather chair.

Victoria bit her bottom lip as his image grazed her senses. Wild thoughts of them both frenzied into her brain. Activities that made a pool gather in her southern region.

Having an alpha is every girl's dream in Ruby land and having one as a mate is even beyond priceless. Her marriage was perfect except for one thing, the presence of a child.

In this part of the country, children were the symbol of being completely mated. Living without a child after the first year of marriage was taboo in most parts of the country. Though, no one has questioned the fact that she hasn't given her husband any pup yet. She could feel the pressure in his sibling's eyes every time they came to visit them. His mother did nothing to hide her displeasure.

Victoria looked through the corridor. A woman left her colleague's office with two mixed-race twin boys, one of them leaping over one foot.

She sighed. She was more than ready to give her 3-year-old marriage a beautiful addition. But what was she to do if she has never fallen pregnant once or lost it? She wanted it, she craved it, and if she could have it her way. She would herself create a child in her womb. What did it take? Water and clay, then the breath of life? If only the creator had shared in his secret power of creation. She would've been a mother to two hundred children.

"Hey, here is the test result you asked for." She immediately snapped out of her head. She grabbed the board from her friend. Who watched her bury her face back behind her laptop as she tried to avoid any nosey questions from him. "Will you tell me what's wrong with you? Lately, you've been moody and quieter." He slammed her laptop shut.

Like her, he was going to complete his internship in a month. Then go for his residency program in the pack right next to them. But unlike him. She couldn't leave the pride land because her husband was the alpha. But she has always wanted to specialize in neurosurgery. The only neurosurgeon closest to her was four packs away. She had a decision to make.