Normal & Simple

*Students Talking, bell rings*
I start walking to class with my best friends, discussing who the next couple should be. "No, he likes her." Elizabeth said, I shook my head in disagreement. I know it's not worth the argument, but John and Judy are a good looking couple. "Can't you two just stop trying to put people together for once?" Emmett groans. I sigh and turn my phone off after checking the time, "See you guys at lunch." I said quietly, Emmett nodded, Elizabeth faked a smile, Robert patted my left shoulder, and went down the hall into their next classes of the day. It's my second period, my favorite period. Math. I rush into the room to find a substitute teacher. Thank god, I thought. It's not Mrs. Outwit. She hates me and I hate her, and last night I didn't do my homework. Lucky me, this substitute doesn't care if you did your homework or not. "Mrs. Floata," I say while nodding once, she looks over at me, her smile no where seen. I hope she's okay. I walk over to my desk in the back row near the window, and drop my backpack near my legs. A few hours go by, but it felt like two seconds. I stand up to leave, but Mrs. Floata walks over to me and says to sit back down, and that she needs to talk to me after class. My heart drops.. What did I do wrong? Nothing I can recall. After everyone leaves she sits down in front of me and says, "You're mother, wanted me to give this to you." She slides a letter across the table with a sad look. 'Mom.' The word kills me. My mother disappeared years ago.. "Read it.. on the bus.." She says, pats my shoulder, gets up and leaves the room. I stare at the letter. What could it be about? I grab it and shove it in my backpack, and leave the class room. I skip the rest of my classes and go straight home. I walk across the schools lawn, across the road, and to my truck. I open the door, throw my backpack in the passenger seat and hop in, slamming the door behind me. That's right. People don't know I can drive. Forgot to tell them.