Victor Granz - A Nutcracker Retelling

HOLY JEEBERS THIS ONE IS LIKE 4700 WORDS

Welp Merry Christmas y'all, I actually finished my oneshot special on time, and I drew a small pic to go with it OwO

Also happy early new year since I definitely cannot write a new year special in like six days-

Oh yeah this also has a bit of Naib x Reader so don't mind that-

*~._.~*~._.~*~._.~*~._.~*~._.~*

          It was a brisk winter afternoon, and light snow carpeted the townscape with a glittering white. The cold streets were bustling with crowds of people warmed up by their fluffy thick coats, and children ran around the fields having a snowball fight.

"Cmon (N/N), I'll race ya there!"

You gasped as Naib took a running start towards your house, and you clumsily rushed to catch up to his swift figure. You shouted worry to the unfortunate nearby pedestrians as you lightly shove them aside, before your annoying friend disappears from your view. You bursted into laughter after turning a street corner and seeing him face first fallen in the snow. Speeding past him, he yelled.

"Hey! Not fair!"

          By the time Naib reaches the front yard, you had already taken off your jacket and were whistling innocently as he trudged up the steps. Suddenly, he tackled you down into the ground, and you let out an unholy screech beginning to wrestle him back.

"This is your punishment you cheating idiot!"

"I wasn't the one who thought the ground was Sleep Country!!"

The only reason you two were pulled away from each other was because of your mother walking to the front doorway and witnessing this disaster.

          As you sipped the hot cocoa, it drizzled down your throat like a steaming waterfall of creamy decadent delight, warming your insides. The fireplace crackled with flames that licked the iron bars caging them within, glowing a golden yellow. The Christmas tree glimmered with a colourful array of twinkling fairy lights, and perched on top was a singing angel, holding their hands together in prayer. Circling around the evergreen tree was a set of tracks that had a functioning steam train looping around it, which Naib was currently hypnotized by. The doorbell rang, and your mother yelled,

"The guests are here!"

You watch people slowly flow through the doorway, and your antisocial self just stood by the dining table awkwardly, fiddling with your fingers. Food is always better than company, isn't it?

Naib approached you, holding two plates with a slice of fluffy vanilla cake, with a lemon custard filling. He held one out to you,

"Try it, it's good!"

You thanked him quietly and scooped a small piece with your fork, and sniffed the slightly acidic scent that wafted into your nose as soon as you brought it to your face.

When it touched your tongue, you felt a burst of sweet and sour flavour dance on your tastebuds, as you let out a hum of joy.

"It is good!"

He smiled.

          The door few open with a bang, as what seemed to be a fierce blizzard entered the entry room. All eyes whipped to the loud noise, and the sudden frigidness that nipped at their clothes. Through the snow, you could see a dark shadow stepping into the house. As the light shone on their face, you gasped.

"Mr. Desaulnier!"

His soft white hair that was tied into a low ponytail rested on his shoulders, and he wiped off the excess snow off his cyan jacket with deep gold accents. In his hands was a stunning toy mansion, with moving figures frolicking around the exterior and interior of the building all in sync. You quickly place down your plate on the table, and rush up to greet him, and ask about his newest creation. Naib frowned slightly, seeing your attention switch in an instant.