-ˋˏ 第二 : ten minutes

2-ˋˏ 第二 : ten minutes

2
-ˋˏ 第二 : ten minutes

Kim Jisoo found her way to the library early in the morning to have a couple of minutes of reading the books that she had yet to complete. She was greatly left on the edge when her mother reminded her to sleep in early, causing Jisoo to reluctantly pause the intriguing plot between the main character and the monster she had encountered. The librarian gave access to the library to Jisoo and she sat at the farthest corner of the book paradise. Now that she had a place to peacefully immerse herself into the novel, Jisoo leafed over the pages of Truth or Dare, her mouth slightly agape as she processed the whole complex story.

Her head snapped upwards in a mix of surprise and suspicion when she heard faint footsteps and hushed whispers that seemed to belong to two people. Slowly closing her book and tucking it back into her bag, her steely gaze scanned the area. Her vision told her that it was only her and the librarian who were in the quiet area, but her curiosity compelled her to investigate and she stood up, slinging her bag over her shoulder.

The faint words seemed to grow louder as Jisoo walked towards the door leading to the school's courtyard. Her eyes narrowed as she could roughly now decipher the string of words being exchanged. "Are we going to tell everyone that we're together?"

"Taehyung, it's too risky." Jisoo's jaw dropped to the bottom as she overheard the name of her target - correction, crush. She was not yet used to the cheesy and strange nickname everyone gave to the person they liked, but that was besides the point. She hid behind a pillar and took a peek from her base. Jisoo's stomach flipped uncomfortably when she sees Taehyung talking to a pretty blond girl - she instantly recognized her. Lalisa Manoban, the last year transferred student from Thailand who had captured hearts and tons of admirers. It didn't help that she had a sweet personality and a face that everyone loved. Jisoo unconsciously bit her lip anxiously as she looked on.

There was a look of sadness on Taehyung's face as he held Lisa's hands in his. "I know that you want to keep this from your father... and I understand."

The blond smiles and leans in to kiss him on the cheek and Jisoo looked away bitterly. She was indeed feeling sour at the moment, her hopes feeling a bit crushed. It seemed like Taehyung was utterly in love with Lisa, and it would make things harder to break them up. Dejected, Jisoo headed back to the library, barely focusing on her book and when it was time for the morning assembly, she left the place with blank thoughts and a stronger determination.

-ˋˏ

"I have something you want."

"Jesus Christ, Kim." The dark haired boy sighed when he saw the bookworm again. He faced her, his doe eyes boring into her firm ones. "There's at least seventeen ways that that could have gone better. Like, couldn't you start with a greeting?"