-ˋˏ 第五 : strawberry lips and latte

5-ˋˏ 第五 : strawberry lips

5
-ˋˏ 第五 : strawberry lips

A bit more background information about Jisoo's family, and especially about her sister, Irene.

If you piece an intelligent brain, a cold facade, a pretty face, and authoritative aura together, that would be her. Irene had quickly severed all contacts from her parents as soon as she turned the age of 18. Jisoo knew that Irene secretly wanted to know how their parents were doing, but Irene was severely scarred from the divorce. Unlike Jisoo who had little recollection of all the fights and glass shards being thrown, Irene was put in the middle of all the adult arguments. Jisoo could understand why she was so desperate and eager to leave Korea altogether, and make a new life and a new name for herself: Bae Irene.

-ˋˏ

"When on Earth did you start wearing dresses?"

The incredulously stated question from her older sister who was gawking at Jisoo's flouncy dress made Jisoo slightly regret going shopping with Jungkook. The midnight blue dress was sleeveless with golden floral patterns adorning the hems of the dress, perfectly complementing Jisoo's milky white skin. She figured that it would be better to start getting used to wearing such girly clothes, however she was uncomfortable with how her sister and some of the maids reacted to her wearing a dress.

Was she really that unfeminine?

"It just happened," Jisoo mumbled vaguely, walking outside of the mansion with Irene beside her. The limousine was parked outside, with their butler Sungjae opening the doors with a respectful dip of his head. However, his left eyebrow arched a bit questioningly when he saw Jisoo. She immediately wished she could go back to her room and not go out.

After awkwardly greeting each other, Irene explained that she had already made reservations in a Korean restaurant. Jisoo was curious why her sister who had left their family for such a long period of time would come back out of the blue.

The car ride to the restaurant was quick, fortunately. Jisoo didn't want to engage a conversation with her sister, since she knew that it would probably end up with even more nervous tension. Entering the restaurant, the aromatic scent of steaming stew and kimchi filled Jisoo's nose. She couldn't wait to eat.

"I hope you've been doing well," Irene smiled gently, picking up the menu as she sits on her seat.

"Why... why are you here?" She bit her lip, immediately regretting her choice of words. Jisoo just had the tendency of getting straight to the point that it made her seem cold and brash.

Irene wasn't bothered at the very least. "I decided to move back to Korea to expand my clothing line branch, and I figured that I could stay with you and mother again. It'd be a hassle to buy a penthouse, since you guys still live here. And... I missed both of you."