Chapter 17

'I'm not wearing that,' Jimin declared, thrusting the item under debate into Yunhee's hands

'Why not?' she argued, forcing it against his chest.

'Because I've never worn one in my life, and I'm not about to start now.'

'It's a baseball cap, Mr. Park, not a lace thong. Just try it.'

Yunhee shoved the offensive item back into his torso and bustled away, leaving Jimin blinking after her as she rifled through a rack of clothing. He looked down at the cap, wringing it between his fingers as he wrestled with the idea of running off and leaving the woman to the mayhem around them.

But coming here was his idea, not hers.

Perhaps it was a big dose of paranoia, but Jimin was sure they were being followed. He'd felt eyes on them in the city all morning, his hands persistently ghosting the Kimbers beneath his jacket in case there were any sudden surprises.

Relax, Yunhee had assured earlier upon noticing his antsy demeanour, there are too many people here for them to risk anything.

Was she kidding? Tae and his men were off their rockers. He was not taking any chances while out shopping.

Yes, shopping.

Jimin couldn't believe he was sifting through clothes at a giant department store with Hahm Yunhee. He should have known today would be awful after barely sleeping a wink last night. He'd woken up cockeyed on the sofa to the sound of his hostage and her new bestie - Seok-Sappy-Jin - clattering around the kitchen prepping pancakes like romantic teenagers.

Pancakes.

Jimin didn't like it, nor the sense of envy it instilled in him.

Not having a clue what to do with his newfound emotions, he'd broken up their fun by ordering Miss Hahm to be ready within half an hour because they were leaving for the day.

It was time to teach the tigress how to shoot.

He later wondered if he would regret his decision, particularly when he had to haul her tenacious arse into his battered Lexus. Jimin insisted that having the ability to use a firearm would benefit her in the long run, even after witnessing the murder in her eyes as they drove out of Daechi.

He'd tried to mollify her by suggesting shopping for fresh clothes beforehand, but Jimin was amazed to see her recoil in disgust at the mere idea.

Okay, so Miss Hahm wasn't your typical preppy woman.

Once inside the shopping complex, Yunhee was more interested in dressing him. She'd dragged Jimin around the aisles like a kid in a toy store, tossing obscene items of clothing at him like ripped jeans, skinny t-shirts and oversized hoodies.