Chapter 31

Yunhee pinched her cheeks and puckered her glossy lips as she stared at her reflection in the mirror

The red dress Jin had picked fit like a glove, her make-up light and natural, and her hair swept off her face in an elegant, soft wave. It was an unusual sight after years of wearing oversized clothes, but she was satisfied with the image staring back at her.

Regardless of her lovely appearance, though, Yunhee still had no idea where she was being whisked off to tonight.

Two days had passed since her shopping trip with Jin. Thankfully the party of four had been left in peace; no break-ins, no disturbing photos, no news from Taehyung and his men at all.

Contrary to this, Yunhee was still on edge. Being away from Jimin to purchase her dress was tough enough, and then he'd disappeared with Jin yesterday for hours, returning in the early evening with a clothes bag, a shoebox, and a new hair-cut capable of destroying a woman's knickers.

It was maddening.

Jimin had looked so handsome when he'd walked in that Yunhee had spilled tea on her top. To make matters worse - and to add to the mortification of her transparent t-shirt - Jimin had caught her staring at his striking face, while she had caught his eyes on her pebbled nipples.

Naturally, he'd recovered fast, his dapper exterior and arrogant smirk reminding her of the Mafia King she'd met in the House of Cards

Except for this time, she really didn't mind his potent behaviour or his sneaky perversion.

Yunhee groaned and brushed a stray piece of hair from her face. She wasn't sure what was happening lately, but she found her attraction to Jimin growing every waking hour, and now she was apprehensive.

Apprehensive about revealing her glamorous new guise to the man, and whether she could handle how incredibly fetching he was going to look.

Popping in the diamond-studded earrings she'd picked out from Swarovski, Yunhee smoothed her hands along the front of her lace dress. If she kept her chin up and pretended to be confident, she could pull this evening off and fool people into believing that she was someone important.

Slipping on her glossy black heels, she picked up her clutch bag, sidled out into the hallway, and then stopped.

Okay, good. She hadn't fallen on her face yet.

The lace on her left sleeve was irritating the skin at the top of her arm. Toying with the cuff, she gave the material a gentle tug as she made her ungraceful entrance into the living room, completely unaware of the eyes that fell upon her as she moseyed in.

'Wow.'

Yunhee's chin jerked up at the sound of Namjoon's gruff voice, and the low whistle that followed.

Her dimpled friend sat on the couch, his eyes shining with admiration as a very excited Jin bounced happily beside him.

'Oh, my goodness, Yunhee!' You're...' Jin couldn't even finish his sentence. He was tearing up like a proud father.