Chapter 36

Taehyung scanned the landscape gardens, drifting idly over the mowed lawns, gravelled pathways and orchards cloaked with vibrant flowers

Taehyung scanned the landscape gardens, drifting idly over the mowed lawns, gravelled pathways and orchards cloaked with vibrant flowers. In the distance, the glowing lights of Seoul created a picturesque setting, framing the grounds and offering a perfect vista from his study balcony.

The backdrop to his extravagant mansion was impressive.

The vulgar fountain directly below him, however, was not.

The eyesore was installed before Taehyung had purchased the property, so he could only surmise that Jimin's late father had built it.

If his own father were alive, he would despise the tasteless feature as much as he did. What a creature Kim Dongjin had been, gifted with impeccable taste, wisdom and a seductive charm that had scores of women falling at his feet.

Taehyung was grateful that he'd inherited his old man's traits. He too enjoyed the pleasures of a woman, the only difference being that he wasn't tied up in a pointless marriage. His mother's tolerance for her husband's dirty antics had eventually come to an end, and she had left him for another man when he was eight years old.

There'd been little adjustment on his part; he'd remained in his father's custody until he was old enough to branch out and ready himself to continue their mafia legacy. After university, he'd purchased a multi-million won penthouse in Seoul, but he'd been itching to get his hands on the Park mansion from day one.

Was it out of spite? Perhaps. But he'd admired the magnificent structure from the moment he'd first stepped foot inside.

To his delight, Mr. Park had met an untimely end a little over two years ago. With his mother already dead at the bottom of a staircase and out of the picture, their one and only heir had downgraded and moved to Daechi, leaving the tremendous mansion to rot after a frightful childhood and a complicated relationship with his papa.

After snuffing out the rightful owner, the estate was placed on the market, and Taehyung had purchased it within a month. Claiming Jimin's residence was severance, and now that Miss Hahm was back from the grave, she would be his long-awaited bonus.

It came as no surprise to learn that Jimin had hacked into his accounts and added himself to the guest list, but with that news came a tingle of inquisitiveness; would the captivating Miss Hahm be his plus one?

Taehyung was dying to know if she would attend tonight. He'd even gone as far as to alter his plans and join the party earlier than scheduled.

He'd found her loitering on his balcony in a dress so mouth-wateringly sexy that he was tempted to tear it off and fuck her over the balustrade. Miss Hahm had looked nothing short of ravishing, and he'd decided there and then that she would not be leaving this time.

Yunhee was in his grasp, but unfortunately, she was not alone; Jimin was sneaking around his premises. It was titillating to find the man in his bedroom and present to him a sample of his business, but how terribly dull he was in comparison, disagreeing with his sexual treachery.