3) Detention

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
I gently hit the off button, and l look at the time 6:45am. I woke up a little bit late, but it should be fine. Dad works all day on saturdays, and mom goes and helps clean the temples (or so she says). So there should be no distractions, and everything should go according to plan. I get out of bed, and stretch my back feeling every muscle loosen under every movement. I pride myself in my punctuality, and perfect posture. I walk to my closet, and pick out a dark blue button up, and since I'm out of khakis, I guess blue jeans will do along with my brand new black and white Chucks. I walk down stairs to grab some toast, and head out the door. They do say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So eating a little won't hurt. Just not too much or people might notice. I went to open the fridge, and saw a note taped on the fridge door. It was from my dad? What could he possibly want?
Stanley,
I got a call from the school stating you have detention. We will discuss when I get home. Get to the school, and straight home. No where else, or there will be major consequences.
Hmm so in order for him to finally acknowledge my presence I had to get detention. Father of the year right here. However it could be worse, and in all honesty I'm ok without the acknowledgment. Just means less distractions. I grab my toast, and check the time 7:00am. Perfect timing! I run out the door, grab my bike, and start towards the school. 
I park my bike, and head towards the building. The school looks so dark, and haunted. The paint is chipped all over the building, and there are weeds growing out every crack and crevice. The feeling I get inside, approaching the building, it's gruesome. Almost like it's challenging me to come in. I shake those thoughts out of my head, because they are absolutely ridiculous. I walk inside, and remember that detention is in the library. Thank God I know where that is. Last thing I need is another detention for being late to detention. I head down the hall towards the big double doors that lead to the library. I approach the doors but before I can enter I hear voices inside. Loud voices.
" GIVE IT BACK RICHIE!!! "
Richie why does that name sound -
" Awe spaghetti you know these pills are bullshit right. Your putting stuff in your body you don't need. "
I walk in slowly so no one could hear me.
" But mama said I need them, and mama knows what's best for me. So hand them over Trash mouth! "
I look over, and just as I suspect. The black curly head, and brown haired boy were there. I was expecting Eddie, but him I wasnt. Great another distraction I just hope he doesn't recognize me from the other day. I look over and noticed that the boy Richie was holding a pill bottle above his head. While the smaller one, Eddie, was on his tip toes reaching for them. Why won't he just give them back? There not his, so what's it matter to him? I was about to walk to an empty desk. Until I heard a pleasant familiar voice.
"You two fight like an old married couple."
I look over to see Beverly. The girl who almost killed me, and saved my life at the same time. How did she end up in detention? I was wondering until I saw her jab Richie in the side, and grab Eddie's pills out of his hand. He flips her off, but she pats him on his head, and heads towards Eddie. She hands the pill bottle to Eddie, and a little alarm goes off on his wrist. He turns it off, and takes the pills like they were candy. How long has he been taking those?
I walk into the room fully, and that's when I noticed there were others gathered around them I didn't notice before. One boy was rather tall like Richie, but not as lanky as him. The other was walking up to beverly. He was on the heavier side, but he looked like the most normal one out of that group. Eddie walked up to Richie, and touched his side were Beverly jabbed at.
"How bad does it hurt?"
Richies face was scarlet red.
"Um uh it doesn't hurt Eds, and at least buy me dinner first before you start man handling me."
" Dont call me Eds! "
"Ah you love it Eds, but probably not As much as I love your mother."
He started making kissey faces at Eddie, and Eddie started laughing and pushing him away. The group banned together to either help Richie, or keep him away from Eddie. They all seem like their really close. Must be nice having people you know will stay... What am I saying no one stays permanently.
As I walk towards a desk I notice all their eyes shift from Eddie, to me. I look over, and they all were watching me with curiosity, except for Beverly. She just smiled at me, and waved. Which was a relief considering the others are looking at me like I'm a new species. Kinda nerve wracking to be the center of attention. I sit down at a empty table at the back corner of the room. I grab my notebook, pencil bag, and sketchbook out of my bag. Then turn towards the front, and tune out the whispering and stares from the group across the room.
The vice principal walks in and tells us we have to write a two page essay on what we did wrong, how we could of avoided the situation, and what can we do better next time. He tells us we have until the end of detention to finish, then walks out of the room. I open my notebook, and start to write.
The essay was pretty easy. I finish within a hour, and had the rest of the day to work on my sketches. I start to sketch out a simple robin to get me out of my block. which I've been in for a week now. I was finally starting to forget about the group of eyes looking at me every now and then. Until I heard the chair next to me scrape closer. I look over, and I'm met with a pair of chocolate brown eyes that belong to Eddie. So beautiful. Wait why is Eddie sitting with me. Doesn't he have a group of friends here he should be with, and that's when I noticed. They are all literally pilled up behind me staring at my sketchbook in awe. I turn forward to ignore them, but I'm met with another pair of dark brown eyes in front of me. This Richie kid really doesn't know what personal space is. The tall one cleared his throat which caught my attention.
"U-m hi I'm B-bill."
He reaches his arm out to shake my hand, and I do the same.
"I'm Stan"
"Bev has t-told us that your new, a-and we w-wanted to make you f-feel welcomed."
I didnt answer so he continued.
"T-this is Eddie he's basically o-our medic. D-does better than our o-own nurse."
"Better than any is this whole town"
Eddie said with pride.
"This is R-Richie he may act dumb but he's actually the t-top of our class."
" Y-Y-You g-got that ri-ri- right stu-stutering Bill. "
Bill punched Richie in the arm.
" And he's a little bit of an a-ass. Anyways t-this is Ben and B-Beverly. T-they have been a c-couple for a year. B-Ben is our architect, and Beverly is T-the rebel. "
Beverly hugged Ben, and gave him a peck on the cheek. Which caused the boy to turn into a tomato.
"A-and we are the L-osers"
So that's the group Beverly was talking about. They all seem pretty abnormal so I guess the name fits. Bill he gives off this leader aura. It's kinda comforting. But I'm not here for comfort, and luxury.
I look around at all of them, and decide if things are going to go as plan I have to show them I'm not here for fun and games.
"Have you ever heard of a thing called personal space?"
I look over at Richie, who is still to close to my face, and I give him the famous Stanley Uris death glare. Passed down from generations to me. However it didn't work, because Richie pulled up a chair right next to me.
" No tell me about this "personal space""
Then he put his head on his hands, like a child would do if they were listening to a story. It pissed me off. I scoffed then went back to drawing hoping me ignoring them will make them go away. Instead they all pulled up chairs and circled around my table. Do they not get the hint I don't want to be bothered. I'm not here to make friends, and I don't plan on it either. I look at the clock on the wall, and it says 2:50pm. Ten more minutes then I can leave. I go back to tuning them out, and hoping maybe if I keep drawing they will go away. However, my plan back fired because they all stayed and were staring at my paper. It's starting to give me major anxiety. But I keep drawing, and the robin was turning out pretty good.
"That's really good by the way"
I look over to see Eddie staring at my paper like it's a Picasso. He likes this ordinary thing? I sign my signature at the bottom, and rip it out of my sketchbook. Then I give it to him.
" Keep it"
That's all I say, then I get up and start to walk out. Until someone grabbed my arm. I turn around, and AGAIN HAS THIS KID HEARD OF PERSONAL SPACE! He looked nervouse? Why?
"Hey um.. I was wondering if you could maybe draw me something?"
Really me?
"Why?"
" Well because the way you draw is really beautiful, and I would really like to have a piece of your art. I'm case one day you become a famous artist, and I can tell everyone I knew you. "
That was corny, but I feel honored he wants me to draw for him. What no Stanley! No friends, and this could lead to attachment. No don't do it.
"Um I'll think about it."
Before he could say anything I turn and head straight for the door. Then I get on my bike, and head back home. What's with that group?
I'm sitting at my desk at home. Trying to figuring out what am I going to draw for him. Which I don't even know why I'm considering. Maybe it will get him off my back, and the rest will leave me alone. I think of Richie. Tall, lanky, curly black hair, and eyes filled with sadness. But he shields it with laughter. I don't know why he's pretending. I can see through his charade, but why can't the other? Why do I care!!?? He's a weirdo with no personal boundaries, and his friends seem to nice to be real. No one is that nice... Especially to me. I decide to put aside the whole drawing thing for another time. I need to clear my head, and get my priorities straight. I decide to start getting ready for bed, and try to sleep off my confusion. I head to the bathroom, and the first thing I see are my ribs protruding out of my stomach. When was the last time I ate? I try and think about it, and I can't remember eating anything but a salad at yesterday's lunch. God I need to eat, but not to much. Dad will get mad if he notices I'm gaining to much. Think I'm eating all the food in the house. Or call me.... I walk away from the mirror, and start to put my pajamas on then head straight to bed. As I lay down and start to drift off. I start to think about sad eyes, and an asthmatic teen boy with his group of loser friends. The thoughts kinda soothed me into a deep sleep. Maybe the idea of acquaintance isn't to bad after all.

Hey sorry for taking so long to publish this chapter!! school has been kicking my ass with finals. I'll try to post more frequent, because I'm slowly starting to really love this story. Along with all the great ideas I have for this story, and a few others. So until the next chapter stay schwifty my dudes.
(P.S. I love advice and constructive criticism it helps me grow in my writing)