AUTHORS' NOTE

We've been completed our last book, Riptide, which tells about a young boy hired by the FBI to track and hunt down the meticulously looking criminal roaming around the streets of Chicago. Parul Sehgal of The New York Times, described Riptide as "the harrowing crime thriller story".

On 11 December 2019, we received a news about the death of the famous Indonesian socialite named Supeno, by the words of advice from his wife Dati. Dati was still becoming as a socialite with her wealth of $148 million, because she played poker a long time ago in Las Vegas.

During the 1980s, Supeno and Dati amassed their huge wealth after playing lotteries in New York City and playing many games at Las Vegas casino, mostly poker and blackjack.

We wrote this book based on the life of two Indonesian socialites from Blitar, Supeno (who died in December 2019) and Dati. In this book, Julian portrays as a young high school student interested for playing poker, after his successful high school football match. He meets a young socialite in Las Vegas named Gretchen, who was the best poker player ever with her wealth of $240 million.

Thanks for enjoying and reading Julian!

- Rianto & Emmy (the authors)