[ seventeen ]

STUTTGART germany

STUTTGART
germany

____________________________

CORTEZ

I WAS piloting the jet. Natasha Romanoff once against set besides me as I geared us towards a country I hadn't been to in a while; a country I preferred not to be in. I hoped that Black Sun didn't know we were coming. That was the last thing Shield needed tonight.

According to the last update from the helicarrier, the Asgardian was still causing trouble in the small country. We were on our way to stop him.

My combat gear was tight against my body as I leaned forward. I could hear Captain Rogers getting ready to drop. A parachute was on his back.

I was thankful I would be staying in the jet with Natasha. I was nervous though, I didn't want Steve to get hurt.

Once Rogers has dropped from the jet, Natasha and I got ready to defend him from above. I brought the plane closer towards the building, my eyes landing on the alien for the first time. I could barely see his face.

"You know, the last time I was in Germany, and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing." I heard Steve say through the comms device. Loki must have said something, because then Steve spoke again. "I'm not the one who's out of time."

I acted quickly, pressing the button above my head and dropping one of the jets guns. With it aimed towards the wanna be God, Natasha spoke into the speaker. "Loki, drop the weapon and stand down."

I saw it coming before Natasha did, and jerked the plane to the left before we could be hit by whatever it was he shot at us with. "Son of a bitch." I grunted and leveled the jet. "This guy's all over the place." I said, looking at the several copies of the God.

Steve had just been thrown aside by the God when I heard it. Music began flooding through our system and I looked down at the screen. PA SYSTEM OVERRIDE.

"Agent Cortez, you miss me?" I recognized the voice and inwardly groaned. The music grew louder and I bite back a smile as I watched the flame of Iron Man's blaster fly past us.

With the help of Tony Stark, Loki was easily taken prisoner by the two men and was escorted into my jet. As soon as the God's presence was felt I grew slightly nervous. I knew about Thor, I knew about New Mexico and the trouble Coulson got himself into.

But knowing and seeing were two very different things.

As soon as we were rounded up, I got us the hell out of Germany. The last thing I needed was Black Sun getting their hands on our prisoner. They didn't even know about what happened in New Mexico.