[ nineteen ]

NEW YORK america

NEW YORK
america

____________________________

CORTEZ

"WHY ARE you so freaking pissed right now?" I muttered under my breath.

The rumble of the jet shook and my feet vibrated against it. I was sitting in one of the chairs in the back; Natasha wanted to pilot and Clint called shut gun. So I had the pleasure of sitting in the back with Steve.

We were minutes away from New York City. I was lining my holsters with guns and knives, and my favorite, a few small grenades. Steve thought it was a good idea to approach me. While I was preparing for something well out of my league, and while I was mourning the death of an agent.

"I just don't get it."

"Is that seriously the most important thing you're thinking about right now?" I asked and looked at him. "I mean, seriously?"

"Why does he get to call you Stacy and I can't?"

I rolled my eyes and slid the last gun into the thigh strap. "Because I don't want you to. Simple as that."

Steve shook his head in anger. "You know, you can be a real..."

"What? A bitch? Thanks hun, I know." I said and started to move away. My feet took me over to Clint and Natasha. I looked out at the New York skyline.

"Um, what the fuck is that?" I asked to no one in particular.

"I think that's the uh, I think that's the portal. Yeah. I think." Natasha said. She didn't seem so sure. Then she pulled a lever and reached out to our Iron Man. "Stark, we're heading north east."

"What? Did you stop for drive thru?"

"Yeah, I got you a couple cheeseburgers." I said loudly into the speaker.

I heard him laugh. "Cute. Swing up park, I'm gonna lay em' out for you."

Natasha did exactly that, and within a few seconds, we were firing at alien. My mind was running a mile a minute, as I thought about where I was and what I was about to do.

"This doesn't... this is a dream, right?" I asked to no one.

"Yeah, gotta be." Clint said. "There he is."

We all looked out at the Stark tower and saw Loki and Thor fighting. It only took Loki a second to use his scepter and attack us. The engine on our left blew up and the jet went spiraling.