15

"Merry Christmas, Mom." Quinn said into the phone.

"Merry Christmas, Quinny." Judy replied. "How's New York?"

"Beth and I are in Lima with Finn's family." Quinn reminded Judy. "And my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend? What boyfriend?" Judy asked.

"Yeah, we've been together for a few months now." Quinn answered.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Judy wondered.

"Because I was trying to figure out when he should meet Beth, but he met her when she cut her lip." Quinn explained.

"He was there when she cut her lip?" Judy questioned Quinn.

"No, we were out to lunch. Beth was with Finn." Quinn explained. "He called her to come eat and she came running and she fell."

Judy didn't say anything.

"I want you to meet him." Quinn decided. "He's a good guy, Mom. Beth really likes him, too."

"When are you going back to New York?" Judy asked.

"In a few days." Quinn answered. "Why?"

"I wanna help you look after Beth." Judy told Quinn. "Clearly you don't have your priorities straight."

"Mom, you're being-"

"Where is Beth?" Judy cut Quinn off. "I wanna wish her a Merry Christmas."

Quinn returned to the living room and held her phone out. "Beth, it's Grandma."

"Gramma!" Beth exclaimed as she got up and took the phone from Quinn. She exited the room, leaving Quinn and Noah alone.

Quinn licked her lips and rubbed them together as she thought about what her mom had said.

Noah reached for Quinn's hand and rubbed his thumb back and forth across her knuckles. "You okay?"

"Y-Yeah." Quinn stuttered.

"Come here." Noah said softly as he squeezed Quinn's hand and gently tugged on it.

Quinn sat down on the arm of the chair.

"Did your mom say something?" Noah wondered as he pulled Quinn onto his lap and held her.

"Just the usual." Quinn answered. "That I'm a terrible mother."

Noah frowned. "You're a good mom, Quinn. You take such good care of Beth."

"I should've been there when she fell." Quinn said, shaking her head. "I didn't even answer my phone the first time Finn called because I was too focused on being with you."

"It could've happened while she was at school or with anyone. It was an accident." Noah reminded Quinn.

"Maybe my mom's right, maybe I need to fix my priorities." Quinn stated.

"What does that mean?" Noah asked. "Because we were just talking about you and Beth meeting my family, and now it sounds like you wanna take a step back."

"I don't want to." Quinn clarified. "It's just that other than Beth, my mom is all that I have."

"You have me." Noah pointed out. "And Finn and everyone else."

"You don't know my mom." Quinn stated. "Finn was the first guy I dated after Beth's father, and she gave me so much shit for it. And she loves Finn."

"So what do you wanna do here?" Noah questioned Quinn.

"I wanna meet your family." Quinn said. "And I want you to meet my mom."

Noah nodded slowly.

"I wanna go back to New York, and I want you to come back with me." Quinn went on. "So we can prove to my mom that my priorities are straight and that you're good for me. And Beth."

Noah smiled. "Okay, good."

"Good." Quinn echoed with a smile as she kissed Noah.