56

Quinn kept herself distracted with work and Beth while Noah was away. It wasn't an easy task, but since she and Noah were both busy, the days went by fast.

"Quinn!" Rachel exclaimed as Quinn went to enter her dressing room before their show.

"Hi." Quinn muttered.

"Can I talk to you?" Rachel requested. "About something private?"

"Everything okay?" Quinn asked.

Rachel nodded and smiled slightly.

"We can talk in my dressing room." Quinn decided. "Come on."

The girls entered Quinn's dressing room and Rachel closed the door.

Quinn raised her eyebrow. "You're starting to freak me out."

"I'm gonna be putting in my notice soon." Rachel informed Quinn. "It might seem sudden to you, but it won't be."

"What? Why?" Quinn questioned Rachel.

"I'm pregnant." Rachel told Quinn.

"Really?" Quinn asked with a smile.

"I went to the doctor this morning." Rachel nodded.

"I'm so happy for you!" Quinn exclaimed as she hugged Rachel. "How do you feel? Did you tell Finn?"

"I told him and he's excited. And I think a little nervous because of what happened last time." Rachel answered as she and Quinn parted.

"Are you excited?" Quinn asked.

"Yeah." Rachel smiled. "And I feel okay. I've been sick though, and Finn and I agreed that I should take some time off to enjoy this and get ready for the baby."

Quinn nodded. "Well, I'm glad you told me. I'm really happy for both of you. Did you tell your dads yet?"

"Not yet." Rachel said. "We don't wanna tell anyone yet, but I wanted to tell you so when I quit the show, I don't hurt you."

"I appreciate that, but why don't we put our two weeks in together?" Quinn suggested. "After tonight's show?"

"I don't want anyone knowing yet." Rachel stated. "And I can't ask you to give this up."

"I could use a break honestly. I need to spend time with Beth." Quinn replied with a small smile. "You'll see."

Rachel smiled. "Any advice?"

"Well, you picked a good guy to be the father so you're already better off than I was." Quinn answered.

"But now you have Noah." Rachel noted.

"I'm lucky." Quinn nodded. "You and Finn are gonna be great parents. And whatever I can do to help, I will."

"Thanks, Quinn." Rachel responded. "That doesn't mean you have to leave Broadway."

"It'll be nice to end the show with you since we started together." Quinn pointed out. "Besides, then my mom can go back to Lima just in time for Noah to get back."

Rachel grinned. "Are you sure?"

Quinn nodded. "After tonight's show, we'll put in our two weeks' notice."

"Okay." Rachel nodded back.

"Okay." Quinn repeated. "Now go get ready."