Chapter One. Hey, Pretty.

Lily watched as a girl with long ash blonde hair danced, it was infatuating. She couldn't understand how someone could be that perfect. She also knew she wasn't jealous of her, it was pure admiration. She watched as the girl walked towards her.
"Hey, pretty. I'm Lexi." she said.
Lily looked at her, eyes wide with disbelief.
"I-I'm Lily." she said.
The girl smiled, it was angelic.
"You're alone?" she asked, but it was more a statement.
"I can't find my friends." she admitted.
"Maybe i've seen them, what are their names?"
"Damien and Rose."
The girl glanced around the party, spotting two people looking around too.
"Them?" she pointed.
"Yeah! Thank you!" she smiled.
Lexi grinned at the smaller girl, walking her over to her friends, and seemingly vanishing.

"I'm telling you, she was at the party." Lily defended, walking down a sunny pathway, heading to her next class. She squinted as the sun shone in her eyes.
"Lily, it was my party, I think I would know who was there, John stood by the door all night and make sure only the people on the guest list came in." Damien said.
Lily decided to let it go.

The car ride home from school was an unpleasant one. Her older brother wasn't too happy with her. He heard that Lily had been secretly dating his friend.
"Lily, I don't want to boss you around, but I know Derek, he will hurt you." he said.
"Nathan, I swear, I'm not interested in him." she defended.
"Don't lie to me." he raises his voice, jaw clenched.
"I'm not!"
"Bullshit!" he yelled.
Lily's eyes began watering, Nathan immediately regretted losing his cool, knowing how much yelling affected Lily.
When the next stoplight turned red, she opened the car door.
"Lily what're you doing?" he asked, trying to lock the door, but it was too late.
"I'm just gonna walk home." she said, walking through the street and onto the sidewalk. Nathan knew better than to try to get her back in the car, so he kept going.

Lily wiped her eyes, cursing at herself for being so sensitive. She's just sick of all the rumors about her, and she couldn't stand being yelled at.
"Hey pretty, you okay?" she heard.
She looked up, meeting a girls deep blue eyes.
"Yeah!" Lily straightened up her posture. "Just wanted some fresh air." she spoke.
"Me too." Lexi agreed.
"You look a little lonely..." Lexi trailed off, smirking.
"N-no i'm okay." she said, embarrassed.
"Hun, I was trying to hint that I would like to join you." she smiled at the girls innocence.
"Oh! Y-yeah, sounds good." she smiled, blushing.

"You're kidding me." Lexi laughed.
"In my defense, I got 'merci' and 'merde' mixed up." She said as she described the time she went to france and accidentally swore at a baker who had just finished making her a fresh pastry.
"Was the pastry at least good?"
"It was, but I couldn't enjoy it." she frowned.
"Why's that?"
"Well knowing I just cursed out an innocent baker was very much affecting me." she sighed dramatically, holding back a laugh.
"Oh, I was right." Lexi said.
"What do you mean?"
"You're sensitive." she smirked.
"Hey! I'm not!" she pouted.
"It's not a bad thing, sweetheart."
Lily smiled.