Chapter 4, Too sensitive.

"I'm telling you, lily, she shouldn't be trusted." said Lily's overprotective friend, Rose. Lily sighed, not wanting to have this conversation again. Ever since she had mentioned Lexi, both Rose and Damien had not left her alone about it.

"Well for starters, she's way older than you." said Damien.

"She is not! She's literally only two years older." Lily defended.

"Well I've seen her hang out with shady people." said Rose.

"Why are you guys so against her?"

"Because, we know you can be a little naive, were just looking out for you." said Rose.

Lily's heart sunk, "You think I'm dumb?"

"That is not what she meant, you just tend to see the best in people." Damien rushed out.

Lily nodded, still offended, but not wanting a confrontation.

"Sorry, I um, have to go." she said as she walked away from her two remorseful best friends.

"I forgot how sensitive she is." Rose whispered, not in bad spirits, but Lily still started to tear up when she heard anyway, hating they way they talked about her when they thought she couldn't hear.

The walk home was brutal, it had started raining, and while Lily normally loved the rain, she was starting to feel sick, and her legs hurt, because of course her house had to be on an extremely elevated hill. The more she walked the guiltier she felt for leaving her friends, she just didn't want to cry again, and she was feeling quite emotional. She dragged her feet on the sidewalk with her head down, hair covering most of her face. She didn't care about how sulky she looked, she didn't want to be seen right now.

"Hey, you look a little cold." Lily whipped her head around to find the source of the voice. Her eyebrow raise when she saw who it was. So much for not being seen.

"Are you stalking me?" Lily laughed.

"As a matter of fact, I am." Lexi smiled.

"Well if you're going to offer to give me a ride, I don't really mind." Lily was surprised at her boldness, proud of herself.

"What kind of stalker would I be if didn't care for your safety?" Lexi laughed as she leaned over the passenger seat to open the door for her.

Lily climbed in, letting out a little squeak when she almost fell out of the tall car. Lexi giggled and Lily looked at her in confusion. "That was adorable." She clarified. Lily blushed and shook her head. "Thanks for getting me." she changed the subject. "Why were you here anyway?" she questioned.

"I got a little lost." she said, eyes on the road. Lily nodded even though she couldn't see it. The rest of the car ride went by in the comfortable silence, with the exception of Lily telling Lexi to stop staring at her and keep her eyes on the road.

"I'll see you soon." Lexi smiled as Lily got out of the car.
"Maybe." Lily smiled. Lexi frowned.
"Just maybe?" she asked.
"Well, we cant exactly plan anything. I don't have your number?" she rushed out, hoping her tone would convey that she was asking for her number.
The blonde laughed. "I don't have one right now." she said. Lily's thick brows furrowed, "Really? Why?" Lily immediately regretted her question, hoping it didn't come off as rude.
"Uh... It broke." she said.
Lily's eyes narrowed at the obvious lie, she decided to let it go. "Well I hope I run into you soon then." she said.
"Well, I have your address now, so you can count on it." she smiled brightly.