Chapter three. Pathways.

"I will be choosing your partners for you." The teacher, Mr. Delmar, said. The class collectively groaned.
"Emma and Walt."
"Rose and Steven"
"Alex with Bradley"
Lily zoned out as the partners were read out. She thought of Lexi, and how next time they met she needed to get her number. She poked holes in her eraser, sighing when the led tip snapped inside it.
"Lily and Liam." Lily's eyes met Liams and he smirked. Lily internally rolled her eyes, wishing she had gotten anyone else. Liam was a creep, he used to hang out with her brother, it didn't end up well. Liam had tried to kiss Lily a couple years back, and Nathan walked in on it, thankfully.
"Do you still have my number?" he asked.
Lily shook her head, Nathan had made her delete it, not that she minded.
He took out a paper from his beaten up backpack, scribbling his number down and handing it to her.
"Thanks, Ill text you." she said. He winked and walked off.

Lily made her way to to the cafeteria, just getting an apple and a water, she preferred to eat at home anyway.
She couldn't seem to spot her friends, it seemed she had been having that problem a lot lately.
'where u guys at?' she texted their group chat.
She was confused when she revived an answer from both, but not the the group chat.
They informed her that they were having a fight and Lily might not want to join in.
Anxiety bubbled up in Lily, suddenly feeling alone and anxious. She felt like she could feel people staring at her, judging her for being alone. She knew she was overreacting, but she stilled rushed out of the cafeteria, despite not being a senior.

She wondered if Lexi was around, she seemed like the type to leave school and wander. And without registering that this might seem creepy, she subconsciously started looking for her.
She walked the worn down pathways of the school, the sky slowly filled with clouds.
Lily checked the time and realized she was late for her next class, but she couldn't be bothered to go back. She was walking past the creepy abandoned shed on the end of the schools property, she heard talking in it, it sounded like a heated argument, she peeled in through the window and stumbled back when she saw the outline of a person looking at her.
The door opened, it's rusty hinges making a terrible squeaky noise.
"Hey Lil." Lexi spoke. Lily blushed at the nickname.
"Hi... What are you doing here? Who else is in there?" Lily questioned, trying to see around Lexi.
"Curious cat, aren't you?" Lexi teased.
Lily giggled, noticing the affect that Lexi had on her.
"Shouldn't you be in class?" Lexi asked.
"Yeah, but I left lunch because my friends were fighting, and when I was walking around I thought 'Hey, I wonder if Lexi is here.' and I looked for you and now i'm here" she babbled, embarrassed to admit she was looking for her.
"Not in a creepy way though?" she added, but it was more of a question.
Lexi's heart warmed at the sight of the cute girl.
"Not creepy." she confirmed and Lily smiled.
"I was hoping I would run into you anyway." Lexi laughed.

"Are you skipping the rest of the day?" Lexi asked her. They were walking back towards the school.
"I wasn't going to, but going back sounds terrible." she frowned.
"We could get some food." said Lexi.
"That sounds good! Where should we go?" Lily tried to not let her heart explode.
"I could make us something." she said.
"But how?"
"I have an apartment pretty close to here." said Lexi.
"What? How?" Lily asked.
"I moved out when I was 15." she answered.
"But how did you have money?"
"I'll tell you all about it another time, hun." she smiled, walking forward.
"Where are you going?"
"My car, come on."

They had been in the car for about fifteen minutes. Lexi had put on the radio, and Lily was wondering how to politely ask for the aux cord. She decided to just slyly plug her phone in.
She started playing Marina and the diamonds.
"Of course you listen to Marina." Lexi laughed.
Lily's thick brows furrowed. "Whats that supposed to mean?"
"Nothing bad, hun, it's cute." she said.
Lily was confused on how that was cute,  but once she realized the compliment, she didn't dwell on it.