Prologue

[Warning— this story depicts mental illness and violence. The depictions of mental illness may not be accurate to a textbook diagnosis. I based symptoms off of public blogs of people with mental illness. If you have Bipolar 1 disorder and/or PTSD, please don't take offense or feel invalidated if my depictions don't line up with your experiences. This is purely fiction.]

     "Mommy! I'm home!" the little boy yelled, backpack in hand. He froze for a moment, a little disturbed by the darkness of the house. It smelt stale, and there was a metallic aroma floating in the air. Weird, his mom always screams at him when he comes home.

     "Mom?! Dad?! Hello!? Answer me you old geezers!" Katsuki yelled, as his voice echoed down the halls of his home. No answer, and the child was slowly but surely getting anxious. They would've texted him if they were going out, right? That's the whole reason they gave him a phone. "I better call them. Stupid idiots, you could've called or texted before you left your son." He placed the phone up to his ear, the dialing, though, was interrupted by the sound of ringing.

     It was his mother ringtone, only that woman would set such annoying tasteless song for her ringtone. But that didn't matter.

     Katsuki's lips quivered as a bit his brows furrowed. He slowly walked towards the kitchen, the putrid metallic smell wafting his way. The door creaked open, and the sound of ringing stopped as the boys phone shattered into pieces on the floor.

     "Mom...my..?" A blonde woman laid face flat on the white tile, a pool of thick liquid surrounding and staining her light locks as well as the tile. Katsuki stumbled to her, his knees giving out as he fell into her blood. He reached a hand and pushed her upwards, her peaceless face engraving itself into his memory. He dropped her, and she landed back on the floor with a thump.

     Only then did he notice the maroon haired man slumped up against the cabinets behind her. A knife was wedged in between his ribs and he had a painless look on his face. He was also surrounded in a pool of his own blood.

     "Dad...Daddy...?" He crawled over to him, his visioned blurred from the tears that couldn't fall. He looked down in his lap, a small photo in his wallet stained with blood. It was a picture of him with his wife and son, their lively faces smiling at the camera as if they'd live forever. Katsuki picked it up and looked at his dead father.

     He sobbed, Katsuki sobbed until he heard sirens outside because the neighbors had probably called the police from all the noise. He wailed, clutching the photo in his bloody hands.

     The police barged in and took him away, but he didn't go without a fight. He kicked and screamed and wailed shamelessly. He didn't want to leave his parents. He didn't want to leave their sides, even if they were dead. He wanted his parents back. He wanted to kill the person that took them away.

     But he wanted the pain to go away. He wanted someone to fill the hole that was left in his heart. And for years, nothing, no one ever did.

     And that in itself, was what drove him mad.

{~}

     "How are you today, Bakugou?" the tired man asked. Katsuki didn't respond, he just twitched, wishing he could break free from his straitjacket and strangle him. The man sighed.

     "You're getting a new therapist tomorrow, and please don't bite him or kick him. He's really nice, and if he says he can't handle you anymore, we might have to put you down, understand?" Katsuki didn't make any move to look at him. He didn't care. If he did die, he would be able to see his parent again.

     He just wanted to fill the hole of despair.

     Aizawa sighed and stood, walking out of his padded room. The door clicked softly and Katsuki was once again, alone. Like he'd always been. He was cold and he shivered, scooting to the corner of the room and slumping over on the padded surface.

     He hummed quietly as the lights dimmed and his eyes dropped closed.

     'Help...someone...

I'm so fucking scared...'

_______________________________________
I had an idea out of the blue and I just had to put it on paper or...electronic before I forgot. Idk when or how I got the idea, just felt like I had to write it down.

I hope you enjoyed this and leave a comment so I can improve or hear your thoughts throughout the story!

Published December 26 2019
Edited December 16 2022