Ch apTeR 7

He barely had time to react but he jumped out of the way just in time. He rolled a few feet, earning some scrapes and future bruises.

He groaned, pushing himself up off the ground as he heard the car stop. A woman got out and rushed over to him with a worried and frightened face that morphed onto one of relief.

"Oh heavens I'm so so sorry! I looked back for a second and all of a sudden I almost ran over you! Are you okay?! Are you hurt?! Do I need to—"

"I'm fine. It's not like I wasn't aware I was in the street." He looked over to the car and saw kids poking their heads out of the back seat window. He looked at his watch and sighed.

"Still I—"

"It's okay. Really." Bakugou forced a tight smile on his face. He'd gotten good at that since his restaurant manager scolded him for being too tense and scary. "I forgive you. Go make sure you brats are okay. I'm late for work as it is."

The woman's eyes flickered to her children and she let out a chuckle. "You're a kind young man. Please, let me atone for—"

"You can atone for almost killing me by letting me go to work, if you don't mind," he interrupted rather rudely while she stood their biting her lip. He sighed. "Just be careful. That's the least you can do for yourself." He glanced at his watch and over across the street where the two stood with a crowd of people in shock. Katsuki shifted then gave a death glare before turning back to the woman.

"I'm so sorry. At least let me drive you to work—"

"No no, I'm okay. I have to go now. Goodbye." Katsuki jogged the rest the way down the street and took out his phone he recently bought.

Katsuki: You're dead.

Kaminari: holy shit man r u ok?

Katsuki: I'm not a weak little shit like you. I'll be fine. But I probably don't need that job as much as I thought.

Kaminari: imma sick eiji on u!

Katsuki: Doesn't mean I won't find a way to kill you.

Katsuki finally got to his second job and had to explain why he was late. He was excused but he still got scolded for not calling in first if he was okay to do so.

Sometimes the old lady took things a bit too far.

{~}

Katsuki groaned as he walked back to his apartment. This week had been the longest he's ever experienced and he was exhausted. He felt irritated today and he could hardly keep his mouth under control. Why was that? Well, he ran out of his prescription for his bipolar disorder and ptsd.

He about elbowed the person who tapped his shoulder which ended up being Kirishima. He hasn't seen him since the day he almost got ran over.

"What the hell are you doing here? Are you stalking me?" Bakugou snarled, ripping his shoulder from the redheads grasp.

"Wow, someone is a little grumpy today," he chuckled, playfully shoving him with his elbow. Bakugou flushed just hearing his angelic voice.

"Well, I ran out of pills. I'm supposed to refill tomorrow so I had to get by on sheer fucking will today." He ran a hand through his hair with a sigh. "I'm fucking tired."

"Ah, so this is a bad time to ask to hang out?" Kirishima implied, hopeful eyes filling the corners of his own.

"Yeah," he scoffed amused. Then a sudden thought struck him and his heart felt heavy. He hated when he had these severe mood swings. "Why'd you leave?" he choked out before he even knew what he was saying.

     Kirishima tilted his head to the side. "What'd you mean?"

     "You stoped visiting me. I didn't know where you went or why you left all of a sudden. I was, admittedly, looking forward to seeing your stupid face again." Katsuki looked away, trying to bite his tongue.

     "I'm sorry I—"

     "Oh well. What happened happened. I'm out of that damn hospital and I'm getting back on my own two feet. That's all that matters. Survival." Bakugou walked away from the redhead and towards his apartment building. "I'll catch ya later shitty hair."

     "Yeah, see ya." Katsuki turned around, meeting the ruby eyes he loves too much. He pressed his lips in a thin line and waved, catching the guy off guard before he waved back with a happy smile. Reluctantly he slumped into his apartment building with a sigh.

     Now he won't regret not saying bye if he happens to leave again.

_________________________________________

Eyyy

Published January 22 2020
Edited December 16 2022