čH ã Pt ę R 3

Katsuki didn't move when the door opened. He just laid on his side, facing the wall with wide eyes. His mind was blank as his head craned to rest on the ground.

"Bakugou?" he heard. 'Ah, Kirishima's here.' But Katsuki didn't move. He didn't want to move.

"Is he asleep?" another voice asked. It sound like the one on the phone. 'And he brought a friend.'  He closed his eyes in annoyance.

"He usually doesn't sleep like that," Kirishima placed a hand on his shoulder and rolled him on his back. Katsuki just limply complied, not wanting to do anything.

"Oh shit! Is he dead?!" a guy with yellow hair asked as Kirishima just stared shocked.

"I-I don't know!" he stuttered out. He pressed warm fingers against his neck which for some reason made the blond 'wake up'. He gasped before attempting to scoot away, eyes filled with hysteria and fear. What was he doing?

The guy with yellow hair let out a sigh of relief as a easy smile graced his face. "Dude, that scared the hell outta me. What a prank!" he laughed. Bakugou just raised a brow.

"What the fuck are you talking about? And why the fuck were your nasty ass hands on my neck shitty hair?!" Bakugou yelled, a bit flustered as he scooted closer to the wall.

"You-You mean, it wasn't a prank? I though you were dead! Why were you laying like that!?" Kirishima yelled worriedly as Bakugou flinched before scowling.

"Laying like what? I can only move so much in these restrictions dumbass!" Bakugou growled, earning a defeated sigh from the redhead as he pinched between his nose.

"Nev-Nevermind." He stood up with an awkward smile as he gestured towards the yellow haired idiot in the door way. "This his Kaminari, my best friend."

"The one that got his big ass head stuck in a microwave?" Bakugou raised a brow as both Kirishima and Kaminari looked at each other shocked.

"Dude you promised!" he cried with a red face.

"I don't know how he found out! I didn't tell him!"

"Then turn your volume lower so I won't hear the shitty voices on the other line," Katsuki yawned as he fell forward, his head and torso laying in between his legs. Kirishima laughed.

"I didn't know you could hear that well," he chuckled as the yellow haired boy pouted and sat crossed near the door.

"Yeah, well, growing up in a place where the walls are thick and you don't want your ears ringing you develop great fucking hearing dumbass," the blond scoffed.

"You...grew up here Bakugou?" Kaminari asked, kind of pitiful. The blond glared at him which seemed to scare him.

"Well duh. When you see your butchered parents as a 12 year old child wouldn't you go fucking crazy too?" Katsuki asked kind of insensitively. Kaminari's eyes went wide as he looked down with sympathy.

     "Ah, I'm so—"

     "Save it. Don't waste your unwanted emotions on me." Bakugou looked at the boy. His eyes were...kind and caring as a small nervous smile crossed his lips. The same look his father had...

He closed his eyes for a few moments when pictures flashed across his vision. He tried to rid of them but the image of his father's peaceful face lifting up to give him a smile stirred his heart.

He sat up abruptly a wide, a fright painted on his face.

     "Woah, Bakugou! Are you alright?" Kirishima asked. Katsuki started rocking back and forth and Kirishima paled. "Kaminari, go get the nurses."

     "What?! Why?! What's-"

     "Just go!"

     "Bloody picture...." Katsuki murmured, his face falling in a frown.

     "What?" Kirishima scooted a bit closer.

     "He had a bloody picture. He was holding it in his right hand. It was in his wallet," Bakugou's voice cracked as tears dropped on the padded floor.

"What was the picture of?" Kirishima asked, taking the blonds face in his hands.

Suddenly the blond arched backwards, his eyes widened in fear as he bared his teeth, almost as if he was possessed. He wanted to get rid of himself. He wanted everything to go away.

"I WONT FORGIVE I WONT FORGIVE I WONT FORGIVE THEM!!" Bakugou screamed at the top of his lungs, thrashing to get out of this bind. "Let me go, let me go right now I have to find it!"

"Bakugou calm down!" Kirishima yelled, placing a hand on his shoulder. What he didn't expect was for Katsuki to bite the ever-living shit out of him. Kirishima had a reflex and punched him, knocking him out. He scooted back a few feet, clutching his hand tight to his chest.

"I'm back— HOLY SHIT WHAT HAPPENED?!" Kaminari knelt down to Eijirou's side and examined him. "Did he bite you?!"

The redhead nodded and glanced over at Bakugou who was receiving a sedative to prevent him from waking up. The nurses checked out his wounds and wrapped it up.

"What the fuck happened?!" Kaminari asked, walking outside with the therapist into the cold.

"I think...he was remembering. He told me that his father was holding a bloody picture when he found him." Eijirou's eyes softened. "I think it's because you showed him sympathy."

"What? I caused it?" Kaminari said dumbfounded. "That can't be right. That guy seemed to hate me."

Kirishima shook his head and dug out his phone. He looked through his camera roll and found a profile of Masaru and showed it to Kaminari. "That's his dad." Denki took his phone into his own hands as his brows raised.

"He looks kind of like mine! That's crazy!"

"Exactly. You're expressions probably reminded him since you were so nervous," Kirishima chuckled, putting his phone in his pocket. Kaminari blinked.

"Man now I feel like and idiot! Why'd you bring me with you if you knew he was gonna act like that?!"

"I didn't. I brought you because he hasn't seen anyone but nurses and psychiatrists. I thought he could use another friend." Kirishima looked down. "I didn't want to hurt him."

"He's the one that bit you!"

"I'm the one that forgot the warnings people told me. 'He's a violent one' they said."

Kaminari waved bye at the train station and Kirishima walked on home. He walked into his apartment kind of sad.

'How can I help him? He's not like other people I've dealt with. Every time I try his reaction goes sideways.'

Kirishima blinked as he took off his coat and looked at his desk. It was full of papers, and even though he was off the clock he decided to run through Katsuki's profile one more time before he hopped in the shower.

     'Well, that's not unusual for a person suffering from both Bipolar 1 disorder and ptsd. But, he barely opens up...and the information I do have is nothing if I can't get through to him.' Kirishima ran his fingers down his face. 'What should I do?'

His mind kept running for solutions and scenarios that kept him awake half the night.

'Should I just...give up?' He shook his head. 'No! He's my friend I can't just do that to him—'

"Wait..."

_______________________________________

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Published January 12 2020
Edited December 16 2022