Ç h p tĒ r 2

Bakugou stared blankly at the ceiling, his face relaxed but his eyes wide open. The doctors wrapped up his right leg earlier, deeming it fractured.

Katsuki had laughed, his heart filled with joy, one because Kirishima had convinced them to take off the muzzle permanently. He could work his jaw out and talk now.

"Everybody in the world knows imma little twisted," he muttered, staring vacantly.

"Oh really now? I don't think you're twisted man," Kirishima chuckled. Katsuki looked at him like he was the most stupidest person in the world.

"Bullshit." Bakugou looked up again.

     "I've seen twisted, and you're don't fit in that category."

     "I don't fit IN a fucking category. Period," Bakugou laid back with a little giggle. "Why don't you just let me go? You know if you say you can't 'take care' of me anymore I'll get to see my old man and that hag again," he said spitefully.

     Kirishima sighed. "Because there's no reason to let you. You're parents would want you to live." Katsuki glared at him murderously.

     "Don't put words in their mouths, shitty hair," he warned, angry, "That's not your fucking right!" Bakugou bared his teeth like an animal, but Kirishima sat unfazed.

     "Can you tell me about them then? What were they like?" Kirishima asked, closing his book and scooting a bit closer in which the blond backed away.

     "...What's it to you?"

     He shrugged. "I just wanna get to know you better." Bakugou didn't see a notebook or pen so he deemed that the idiot would forget since Kirishima was a dumb person.

     "...The old hag was bitchy, always nagging on me to do shit and go beyond. She'd always kick my ass, especially when I put that stupid nerd into place." Bakugou looked up to see the guy actually listening to him. "My dad was a sap, always kind and caring and shit and couldn't kill a bug if you asked him to. He was a gentle soul and could always convince my mom to let me do something. Always so caring..."

Bloody picture.

     Katsuki was about to say something when the redhead cut him off.

     "They seemed like very good people." He paused for a moment, studying the blond that was stoically staring at the floor. "Who's the stupid nerd kid?" Bakugou looked up and scowled.

     "Stupid Deku. He's a useless little crybaby that looks like broccoli with that green mess he calls hair." He growled. "Even remembering that freckled idiot makes my blood boil." Kirishima's eyes widened.

      "Deku? Kinda sounds like someone I work with. Midoryia perhaps?" Kirishima tapped his chin.

     "Midoryia Izuku, never shuts his mouth, careless, too ducking sensitive and naive. Short little twit that thinks he's all high and mighty." Bakugou glared at the ground, his hands clutching the inside of his jacket. "I haven't seen him in years. I always thought he'd work at McDonald's or something. Hah, that shit can't even do anything except stick himself up someone's ass." Bakugou insulted with a slight scoff.

     "He actually runs the office I work at so he must be doing something right," Kirishima chuckled. Bakugou frowned, looking away.

     "So he's successful..." Bakugou's brows creased.

     Eijirou's phone rang and he quickly picked it up.

    "Hey man whassup?" His eyes flickered to Bakugou before he stood and walked to the door. "I'm in the middle of a session, Dude. What did I say about calling me if it's not an—what the hell do you mean you got your head stuck in a microwave?!" Kirishima shrilled, making the blond double over in laughter.

     "That guy's a fucking dunce!" Bakugou insulted, making Kirishima think for a moment.

     "Hey man, I'll come help, just don't turn it on okay?!" Kirishima hung up the phone a slid down the wall tiredly. "My friends are idiots."

     "You fit right in."

     "Hey! That's mean!" Kirishima pouted.

     "It's the truth." Kirishima rolled his eyes with a smug smile.

"Yeah right. I'll see you tomorrow," he muttered, giving a kind and teasing smile his way.

Once again, Katsuki was left alone, his heart pounding in his chest. He's been meaning to ask Kirishima what the fuck was wrong with him, but he gets all caught up in conversations now and his stomach gets all fluttery.

A nurse walks into the room, her brown hair swiftly swaying side to side.

"Hey Bakugou~! How are you feeling today?" she asks. She must be new. It wouldn't hurt to ask her right?

"Nervous." She tilts her head to the side as she writes it down.

"What're you nervous about?" she said curiously. He rocks back and forth on his knees.

"Shitty hair just left and I always get this anxious fluttery feeling in my stomach and it's driving me off the fucking deep end. Not that I wasn't there to begin with," he confessed before looking at her surprised face.

"Who's that? Oh! Are you talking about Kirishima~?" she smiles. "Are you perhaps catching feelings for him?"

"I can't catch or throw shit as long as I'm in this shitty bind," he growled making the girl chuckle.

"No, I mean, are you developing feelings? Like a crush?" The girl asked, he pink cheeks puffing out as she smiles. It reminded him of a chipmunk, if that's what they call it.

"Fuck no." Bakugou snarled, turning away. "Never fucking mind, just do whatever and get the fuck out squirrel girl."

"My names Uraraka Ochako!" she whined with a sigh. "So mean."

"This is a fucking mental hospital. What the hell did you expect?" Bakugou sneered, amused by her disappointed expression.

"Oh I dunno, but certainly not an ass," she murmured. He laughed as he fell on his back, a crazed look in his eye.

"Well you try going through hell and be treated as a beast."

"Well, backstories don't define people. They teach you mistakes and you gain experience. One of the reasons I was able to get past my parents deaths was because I believed that they'd want the best for me." Bakugou raised a brow, and slowly sat back up.

"What happened to your parents?"

The girl looked at him, then dropped her gaze. "Well, I saw them get crushed by a beam. They were working on a tower and the crane broke. My dad didn't pay attention and my mom pushed me out of the way." She smiled even though Bakugou saw the pain in her eyes. "I'm grateful for their existence, and I'll live my life without fear of the past. My mom saved me for a reason, and that reason was she wanted me to live."

The blond was silent as the girl quietly wrapped up what she was doing. She peeked over to him occasionally, but when she went to leave she stopped at the door and turned around.

     "What happened to your parents, Bakugou?"

     His heart sank at the question as he stared at her blankly. It took him a minute to open his mouth. He looked down and had to blink to fight the tears threatening to overflow.

     "They were murdered."

     She pressed her lips together and hummed in understanding before closing the door behind her.

And his loneliness felt really heavy when she did.

"Backstories don't define you..." he laughed. "Well I call bullshit..." he laughed, but it soon dried up. "But...maybe...I can let it go...and feel what I felt when Kirishima was here?" Bakugou questioned himself, rolling over to the corner, carefully since his leg was injured.

The second reason why his heart swelled with joy, was because Kirishima didn't define him through his backstory.

_________________________________________

Oop.

Published January 7 2020
Edited December 16 2022