Unsettled Horizon

Crow's POV:

What am I doing, why am I still staying in this family? Is there even a point in me being here, this can't be how my life will remain until I die, can it? To always serve my little brother and always follow his order, I thought that Felix was a complete idiot when he decided to leave the King's family. But now, I'm thinking if maybe I'm the bigger fool for not leaving as well. How long has it already been since Luna and Felix have fled? It's been a few weeks that's for sure...

"My Lord, where are you!? Please, Crow, I need your help!"

The sounds of Carla's obnoxious voice were ruining my peace of being outside, I'd been avoiding being in the castle for as long as I could, but it doesn't stop Elijah from bringing me back in.

"My Lord! Please-"

"Shut up already, and just tell me what you want?" 

I voiced out in annoyance as I stepped out where Carla could see me more visibly. Her quick pause and look of relief could be shown on her face as she quickly began to approach me...

"My Lord, forgive me for being a disturbance, but I need your help. It's Elijah, he's at it again." 

She explained breathlessly while taking a deep bow as she stopped in front of me...

"Let the King do what he wants, it's not gonna change anything-"

"But-"

"If you're that fucking worried about your King, then go tell Emily to help you. Besides, she's far stronger than I am, so it shouldn't be an issue with her help." 

I said explained as I made my way past her and began to walk toward the castle. However, the light footsteps of Carla's feet could be heard tracing behind me...

"I've tried looking for Lady Emily, but it seems that she left again for the Realm Kingdom. She wants to bring back Felix's head, in fact, I don't think she even cares about finding Luna." 

Carla pointed out in worry as she tried to catch up to me.

"I highly doubt that she'll bring Luna alive, I also doubt that Emily will be successful in bringing Felix's head. Elijah may have given the order for every high-class warlock and witch to kill Felix. But you and I both know it's pointless, Felix was trained by my Father for many decades and became one of the most powerful warlocks in this Kingdom. No one can kill him other than Elijah himself, so what's the point in sending useless demons at him when we already know the outcome." 

I said to her as I finally reached the front doors of the Castle, stretching out my hand, I gripped each handle firmly and pulled the doors open. And once I did, I was welcomed with the heavy voices of death ringing through my ears! The smell of scorched flesh could be picked up right away as I smelled the house. And the amount of blood that was covering the main halls led up towards Elijah's room, was almost surreal. I've never seen this much blood before, you couldn't even make out what the original color of the floor was anymore. I knew Elijah was losing it, but this isn't what I pictured him doing. He no longer cares to feed on human souls, all he's doing is killing them and letting out his anger...

"It's gotten worse, I haven't been home in over a week. Tell me, how many humans are still alive on the dungeon floor?" 

I asked Carla as I steadily made my way inside, the bitter aroma of blood was staining the air around me as I continued my way downstairs...

"There's none, Elijah has killed them all," she calmly answered as she kept following behind me.

"Then why do you need my help? If all the humans are dead, what's the point in needing my assistance?"