Taken Delight

Emily's POV:

Something's very wrong, Elijah hasn't been acting like himself lately. On these past few days when he was unconscious, his heart was slowly giving out until it just completely stopped beating at one point! But when it suddenly began pulsing again, he still didn't wake up. Just what exactly happened to him? Was it my brother's that caused Elijah to be in that condition? No, that's impossible...but then again, Felix was able to fight off Carla and escape. Could it be possible that Felix got stronger?

As I lay in bed, I stared at that blank ceiling above me confused by my thoughts of that night. From what Elijah told me earlier, Luna did come to the feast. Of course, I already knew Crow was helping Luna and Felix, but I was shocked when I found out that V and Seporaha were helping them as well! I'm starting to become worried about my King's mental state, he no longer trusts anyone, not even me. I know that this was all Luna's fault, but it's also my brother's fault as well! The fact that they would choose a fucking human over their king!

"Disgusting, I hate them..."

I said to myself in annoyance, turning my head to the side, I looked out the window to see how dark the night still was

I said to myself in annoyance, turning my head to the side, I looked out the window to see how dark the night still was. It's been a few hours since Elijah sent me away, what could he possibly be doing? Should I go and check up on him? No, he was in a really bad mood when I last spoke to him. Fucking Crow really can't keep his mouth shut! Especially now with how things are, he no longer has anything to hide as I do. So I guess the only good outcome of my King having trust issues is that he won't believe anything that Crow has to tell him...

I shouldn't have to worry about Elijah finding out the truth of what I've done to Luna. I don't need to worry about Luna anymore, she should be dead by now. The poison I had given her weeks ago should have tainted her whole body by now. Wait, why would Crow and Felix go out of their way to keep Luna safe if they knew she was going to die? Immediately setting myself up, I began to think very carefully about what's been going on.

"It doesn't make sense, there's no way that Raven was able to save her. The poison that she made for Luna had no cure from what she told me-"

I was caught off guard by the sudden knocking on my door! Immediately rushing out of bed, I ran towards the door and quickly opened it in hopes of seeing Elijah on the other side. But my excitement instantly deteriorated once I saw that it was Carla who was knocking...

"What do you want?"

I bluntly asked in a hurry as I leaned my head against the door frame.

"Emily, the king has ordered me to take back the dagger he had given you."

She explained in a deep bow as she placed her hand out.

"What?! Why does he need it-"

"He didn't say, but he was very stern, and when he ordered me to come here-"

"Where is he? I need to talk to him-"

"I'm sorry Lady Emily. He doesn't want to talk to anyone, he wishes to be left alone in his study room once I return the dagger you have."