xvii. selkies

xvii. selkies

"Albus..."

His voice is laced with desire and desperation. Albus has one arm wrapped around his waist, the other is preoccupied elsewhere. Skin against skin. They have been like this before, many times, and they've teetered close to it - that terrifying, unifying, marvellous act that can't be undone. But fingers have skated away quickly, lips drawing apart, bodies collapsing hastily to the side. Albus is always so scared of hurting him. Scorpius is afraid he'll be unsatisfying.

But it's July tonight. A stiflingly hot July, and they've only got this one moment together. It's going to be a long summer without each other. They're in uncle Ron's old room - which is incredibly embarrassing for Albus, but it's this or nothing at all. Everybody's downstairs. They can hear the muffled voices, so far away from this intimate space. Albus has Scorpius pinned against the headboard of the bed; Gran's old radio, the one that randomly bursts into old 90s classics, is perched on a desk across the bed, humming a tune - a soft, feathery voice that croons out promises of love, always, forever...

"Hurry," Scorpius gasps, cupping Albus' sweaty neck with one shaking hand. He never imagined they'd get so sweaty when it finally happened. The idea of sweat in any context seems so unappealing but there's something in the weather today. Something about their entangled, naked bodies and those sloppy kisses and the excitement that comes with the secrecy of it all, the rush, the fumbling hands...The evening glow of the sun has cast something of a halo around Scorpius and he's so beautiful.

And they only have now.

Albus leans into him, pressing a light kiss to the other boy's collarbone. When their eyes meet for that final time before everything changes, he notices how diluted Scorpius' grey ones are - less harsh of a colour under the glare of the heat. So overwhelmed with desire. So loving. Something comes over him and without thinking, his lips close in on Scorpius' open, panting mouth, hips jerking forward so quickly it happens before he can frighten himself out of it. For a split second, he sees nothing but stars in his eyes.

"Merlin," Scorpius gasps out just as Albus lets out a short, startled groan. The urge for movement, for momentum, is so powerful it makes his thighs quiver. But he lets his head drop to Scorpius' shoulder, letting out short puffs of breath. He's got to make sure.

"You okay?" His fingers drift to Scorpius' face, caressing it gently. He can feel his flush. For a moment, Scorpius says nothing, and Albus gets ready to pull out immediately. But then he feels the other boy quickly catch his wrist, shaking his head vigorously.

"I'm fine," he sighs, like it's a struggle to speak. "Albus...I - I'm fine. Just...don't stop."

Every inch of Albus' skin feels like it's been lit up in flames. He positions himself again, properly this time, as he pushes clumps of sweaty, silver hair away from his boyfriend's forehead.

"Okay, Scorp." He moves again and both simultaneously take a sharp, pleasurable breath. "I won't stop."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albus has lost count of all the times he's dreamt of Scorpius.

In fact, he's even more surprised when he wakes up and finds he hasn't dreamt of Scorpius, but those nights are rare. He dreamt of their first time tonight, and it doesn't help that it was actually real because he woke up very much in need of a cold shower.

He's been taking cold showers most days, to be fair.

The days are swiftly moving towards the latter half of January and all any of the seventh years can think about are their impending NEWT exams in May. Four months isn't thought of in months, but in weeks and it doesn't help that the professors encourage this method of counting down.