You're Kidding Right?

Y/n woke up in a great mood. Today was the first day of summer and she was stoked to do nothing but hang with Beth and Isabel all summer long. She was excited to have absolutely nothing to do. She thought this was going to be the best summer ever. If only she knew what this summer would have in store for her.

Someone knocked on her door causing her to look up.

"Good morning y/n," m/n said with a smile on her face. She looked like she was hiding something. Y/n notice this right away.

"Mom just tell me what you want to tell me already. I know you're hiding something."

M/n sighed and looked at her daughter with a sorrowful expression. Y/n was alarmed when she saw how distraught her mother seemed.

"Well," her mother began, "you know that your father and I are friends with the Wolfhard's right?"

"Yep, you literally never stop talking about them. Anyways, where is this going?"

"Uhm, you see, they're going on a cruise for the entire summer. And their oldest son Nick is going away to college and is leaving early. So their son Finn would be all alone. And they don't trust him to be alone, so they have to uhm sendhimheretostaythewholesummersohe wontbealoneandhehastostayinyourroomsincethereisntanotheravailableoneinthehouse."

"What? I didn't understand you. Can you say the slower?"

M/n sighed. She looked her daughter in the eyes and said, "They have to send him here to stay the whole summer so he won't be alone and he has to stay in your room since there isn't another available one in the house."

Y/n's jaw dropped as she stared at her mother in utter disbelief. She couldn't believe the words her mother just said were true.

"So i have to be roommates with a complete stranger for the entire summer?" she said in almost a scream.

"Yes hunny, I'm so sorry but at least he's the same age as you."

Y/n let out a long sigh. Her perfect summer now ruined. She got back under the cover and went back to sleep, praying that this was all a nightmare and she would wake up on the first day of summer. That none of this happened. That she wouldn't have to spend the summer with someone she didn't know.

༄༄༄

Finn woke up in a great mood. It was the first day of summer and he was excited to spend it all by himself. His parents left for their cruise last night and his brother was leaving for college tomorrow. He would have three whole months alone. Or at least that's what he thought.

There was a knock on his door and he rubbed the sleep from his eyes as he said, "Come in."

His brother Nick opened the door and looked nervous about something. Finn noticed this and said, "Why do you look so nervous?"

"Heh, well uhm so you know how mom and dad and like super close with these people they knew in college right?"

"Yeah. Where is this going?"

"Uhm, they said that youhavetostaywiththemth ewholesummersincetheydonttrustyoutostaybyyourself."

"I didn't understand you. Could you say that slower?"

"You have to stay with them the whole summer since they dont trust you to stay by yourself."

"You're kidding right?"

"No, and since there's no other rooms in the house you have to stay in the same room as there daughter. But good news she's the same age as you so you can at least make a friend or something. I'm going to go finish packing and uhm be ready to leave in an hour."

"Ugh. Fine."

Finn reluctantly got out of bed and began packing his suitcase. All the while praying he was dreaming. Hoping he would wake up and that we would get to spend summer alone. And that he wouldn't be staying with his parent's friends. And that he wouldn't have to share a room with their daughter.

༄༄༄

Y/n was sitting on the couch watching the office when the doorbell rang. She walked over to the door without pausing the show since she's seen it so many times. She opened the door and was met with a boy. A boy holding a suitcase.

She smiled lightly at the boy before her. She wasn't happy that he was her but she had to admit he was quite cute. He was tall and slim. And very pale. But it suited him. He had dark eyes. They were mesmerizing. His hair fell across his face in unkempt raven curls. His face was dusted with freckles. And he had a perfect jawline.

"Hi I'm y/n. You must be Finn." Y/n smiled at Finn once again and she held out her hand for him to shake.

He shook her hand and waited for her to step aside so he could walk in. He didn't say anything because he was so mesmerized by her beauty. She had perfect peach skin. She was short, but her body had curves that fit her perfectly. She had long brown hair that wasn't straight but wasn't curly either. It was the perfect mixture of the two.

Her eyes were bright green and full of joy. They were hidden behind a pair of wide framed glasses that made her look even more beautiful. She had a few freckles on her cheeks, so light they were barely visible. He thought she looked perfect.

The two walked upstairs in complete silence. Both in utter awe of the others appearance. Y/n opened the door to her room and they both walked inside.

She turned to face Finn and said, "So, this is out room. My mom set up and air mattress for you over there. Do you want me to show you the rest of the house?"

He nodded and said, "Sure, just let me put my bag down first."

Y/n pretended to be shocked and said, "He speaks!"

Finn chuckled at y/n's joke while she giggled slightly at herself. Y/n began to show Finn around the house. The two were already becoming friends. Once she was finished they both agreed upon watching the Office. They watched in silence, sneaking glances at one another every so often.

They couldn't keep their eyes off of each other. They both had a feeling this summer would be one to remember. If only they knew how right that statement would be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Thanks for reading!! I hope you liked this chapter. I tried writing differently and I liked how it turned out. What do you think? And I couldn't wait any longer to post this so here it is. But it might be a while till I post the next chapter. Bye for now!!