Why Are You Here?

Finn looked at y/n. He felt so horrible seeing her like this. She just stood there crying, as her parents walked out the door. Even though she was utterly miserable, Finn still thought she looked perfect. She could be covered in dirt wearing nothing but a trash bag and he would still think she's the most beautiful girl in the world. 

Y/n walked over to the couch and sat down as the tears kept rolling down her face. She was sad that her parents left her. Just like that. And the way they broke the news of her cousin's death. She couldn't handle it. More tears fell down her face as she felt a presence appear beside her.

Finn sat next to y/n and wrapped his arms around her. While he felt miserable from watching her cry, his stomach was filled with butterflies. He's never been this close to her before. Y/n felt the same thing. She kept sobbing, but she was also happy that Finn was holding her.

The two stayed like that for quite some time. Not saying anything. Just soaking up each others presence. Eventually y/n stopped crying. She turned to Finn and hugged him back, burying her face in his neck.

"Thank you," she mumbled into his shirt as she didn't want to let go.

Finn smiled slightly. "Anytime y/n. I'm here for you. Even though we just met, I'll always be here for you."

Y/n pulled away and looked Finn in his eyes. Ugh those eyes. She could get lost in them for eternity, yet she wouldn't mind. They sat there in silence, smiling at each other. Some might think this would be awkward, but not to them. They both felt something for each other. Something they have never felt for anyone before. 

Y/n opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by her phone ringing. She hastily picked it up and answered, without checking who was calling. 

"Hey y/n. Just calling to remind you that cheer practice starts in ten minutes. You are coming right?"

Y/n mentally face palmed. She completely forgot about cheer practice. No wonder Isabel called. She didn't show up for their pre-practice ritual of going to Starbucks. 

"Omg I'm so sorry Isabel. I'm coming right now. Did you guys already leave Starbucks?"

"Yeah, we're on our way to the park. Why didn't you show up at Starbucks?"

"Oh, something came up. I'm going to get my stuff together. K bye."

"Bye girlie."

Y/n hung up the phone and bolted upstairs, leaving a really confused Finn on the couch. She found her uniform and pulled it on. She ran to the bathroom to do her hair. Once it was up in the high pony, she attached the bow. 

She thought that the team should practice in their uniforms, to make sure they could accurately perform the moves in them. And since she's captain, she made it happen. 

Y/n quickly did some light makeup, put on deodorant, and grabbed her phone and water bottle. She ran back downstairs. She was about to walk outside when Finn stopped her.

He said, "Hey where are you going? Who was that on the phone?"

Y/n smoothened out her skirt and replied with, "Oh i'm going to cheer practice. And that was my bff Isabel. I was supposed to go to Starbucks twenty minutes ago but I forgot. Now I have to go or I'm gonna be late. Do you wanna come?"

"Sure I'd love to come. Let's go then."

Finn and y/n walked to her garage to grab her bike. 

Y/n got on her bike and turned to Finn. "Hop on." She patted the bicycle seat.

"Ok." 

Finn got on and wrapped his arms around y/n's waist. He started blushing. Y/n did too. Though neither of them noticed that the other was blushing as well. They rode in silence to the park. 

When they got there y/n saw Isabel and the cheer squad. Along with Beth. who came to every practice even though she wasn't on the squad. Evan was there too. He was incredibly overprotective of his little sister. She didn't mind though. Other than y/n and Isabel, Evan was her best friend.

Y/n also saw Jonathan and the football team, who were having practice at the park as well. Even though it was summer, both teams liked to practice. Just to make sure everyone stayed in shape all summer long. 

Y/n ran to her squad to start practicing while Finn sat on a bench to watch. He noticed someone sat beside him. 

"Hi. I'm Beth. And you are?"

Finn smiled lightly at the girl. She was pretty. But not as pretty as y/n. That girl owned his heart. 

"I'm Finn. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. So I haven't seen you at practice before.  I totally don't mean this as rude but, why are you here?"

"Oh, y/n invited me."

Beth smiled and giggled a bit.

"Oh she did? Hmm. Interesting."

Beth immediately turned to her phone, typing furiously. Finn was very confused by this. But he ignored it and went back to watching the practice. 

He soon felt eyes on him and turned to see someone staring at him. The guy glared at him. Finn turned away from him and focused back on y/n. Then he felt someone tap his shoulder.

"Don't mind him. He likes y/n and seeing you look at her makes him jealous. I'm Evan by the way."

Finn looked up at the guy. He looked a lot like Beth.

"Oh ok. And uhm I'm Finn."

"I haven't seen you before. Did you just move here?"

"Sort of. I'm staying with y/n for the summer."

"Oh. You staying after that?"

"Nope, it's just for the summer."

"Ok. Well I should go. See ya later."

"Bye."

Finn put his attention back on y/n and realized she was pretty good at this cheer thing. She just did a backflip and then an ariel. He was pretty impressed with how good she was at all of this. He smiled to himself when he realized that he got to spend three whole months with y/n. His heart fluttered at the thought. 

Little did he know, y/n was thinking the same thing. She was so excited to spend the summer with Finn. The way she felt for him, well she's never felt like that about anyone else before. Butterflies flew violently within her every time Finn looked at her. And she knew that spending the entire summer with him, would make this summer the best one yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!! Thanks for reading! I hope you liked this chapter. Sry if there's typos, I'm so tired rn lol. Anyways this summer is definitely going to be an eventful one, I can promise you that. I love you all. Bye for now!!!!