Chapter 5: Cinnabar

Within moments after leaving Weiss with little to nothing compared to what she had before, she was a wreck. Throughout the entire day, she was panicked, nervous, and worried about how her future would go without all that money and Dust to support her and her livelihood. I could see this in her figure as she walked into the amphitheater, students from all four Kingdoms lined up in separate sections of the room. I kept to the middle with Neo, the two of us on top of Scorch. We got stares, for sure, but no one paid us none the wiser. We were just warriors in their eyes, especially after Ironwood dropped my unlawful Wanted status.

"Quiet! Quiet, please!"

I turned to the stage as Glynda and Ozpin stood atop it, glancing at us before resuming the announcement.

"Professor Ozpin would like to share a few words before we begin."
He walked up to the podium as Glynda stepped to the side, letting him speak.

"Today we stand together, united. Mistral, Atlas, Vacuo, Vale; the four Kingdoms of Remnant."

"Don't forget us Bounty Hunters!"

Scorch rose up a hand as I called that out. He smirked before shaking his head.

"On this day nearly 80 years ago, the largest war in recorded history came to an end. It was a war of ignorance, of greed, and of oppression. A war that was about much more than where borders fell or who traded with whom, but about the very idea of individualism itself. We fought for countless reasons, one of which being the destruction of all forms of art and self expression. And as you all are well aware, that was something many could not stand for. As a result, those who opposed this tyranny began naming their children after one of the core aspects of art itself: color."

I looked down at Ruby when he said this, humming at this fact before turning forward again.

"It was their way to demonstrate that not only would they refuse to tolerate this oppression, but neither would the generations to come. It is a trend that is held to this very day. We encourage individuality, expressionism, and unity through diversity."

He ushered to many, even to myself, as he listed these qualities off. After, he turned back to the crowd.

"As I have said, today, we stand together, united. But this bond cannot exist without effort, which is why, today, while the rest of the world celebrates peace, Huntsmen and Huntresses will work to uphold it. As first-year students, you will be tasked with shadowing a professional Huntsman or Huntress, on a mission. Some of you may be taken out of the Kingdom for several days. Others may work within the walls for the rest of the week, but no matter which path you choose, remember to be safe, remember your training, and remember to do your very best."

I smirked as I patted Scorch, holding up my arm as he picked me up and stuffed me into the hull. Neo stayed atop the hull, standing as she used her parasol to keep herself balanced.

{"Alright. Blake, Sun, Neo."}

Sun turned to me as I heard Blake jump onto my hull, standing next to Neo.

{"Time to work for a living."}

*THUMP*

{Warning. Unidentified passenger on the hull.}

I blinked, about to check out when someone jumped down in front of the data core.

"Work for a living? You?"