Chapter 6: Garnet

["Oh, ho! It seems we have another astonishing bout ahead of us!"]

*crick-crick*

["Wouldn't you agree, Professor?"]

["Doctor... And yes, Peter, I think it's safe to say: this match may be one of the closest we've seen in the four-on-four round of the tournament."]

*clank*

The sound of steel hitting concrete resonated through the room as darkness enveloped it, the only light coming from a small TV, which held the broadcast for the Vytal Festival Tournament. In the center of the room was, what appeared to be, a motorcycle. A figure stood beside it, working on it as the light of the TV cast onto him and the vehicle dimly. Splotches of red and brown can be seen in that dim light, moving to and fro as the figure owning those colors cranked back on an engine part, tightening it down.

["For those of you just now joining us, welcome to the Vytal Festival Tournament, broadcast live from the Amity Colosseum."]

The figure paused for a moment, glancing to the side at the TV before resuming his work, taking out part after part and replacing it with something newer and better.

["If this is your first time watching, allow us to break down the rules."]

["The tournament is divided into three distinctive rounds. Teams, doubles, and singles. Age and school year are irrelevant. In this tournament, the only attribute being tested... is skill."]

["Correct! The winners of this battle will elect two of their members to represent them in the doubles round. Following that, the winners of that round will choose one member to advance once again! The remaining combatants will then fight their way through the final bracket in hope of achieving victory for their Kingdom."]

*Ksssssssss*

Particles of red hazed out as a can sprayed the color across the motorcycle, giving it a touch of style explicit for the owner.

["And yes, Peter, these certainly are some spectacular spectacles on which to spectate on, and I don't think anyone tuning in around the world is going to disagree with me on that."]

The figure stopped for a moment to process that before returning to his work.

["Ah, and why would they? Now, let's get back to the match between Team RWBY of Beacon, and Team ABRN of Haven."]

As the figure made the last adjustments of paint on his ride, he turned to the screen, approaching it as the bike was left under a heater to dry the paint. He watched the screen intently, eyeing Beacon's team as they were slowly taking the victory for their first round. Keeping his eyes on the screen till the end, he watched the match end explosively with a punch from Yang sending the other team across the field, the bullet used to throw them blowing up in a spectacular way.

["And that's the match! Team RWBY is victorious!"]

The figure, after seeing the match conclude, turned away, walking to a workbench where a cluster of tools lied, all used on the bike he was working on. In the center of them sat a renewed and repaired Receiver Satchel. Picking it up, he attached it to his belt, making sure it sat firmly where it's meant to before turning back to the workbench. Staring at it for a moment, he slowly lifted up his arm, taking a pair of aviator glasses in his hands. He looked down at them, then up at the mirror handing on the workbench. He stared at himself as he slowly put them on, the left lens lighting up red as he situated them. Satisfied, he turned to the bike, walking to it and mounting it. On the side of the bike sat also a vehicular sheathe. Inside was a new weapon, one that had but only one purpose, rather than many. The figure pulled it out, looking at it as engravings scratched themselves into the barrel, glowing a rainbow of colors before fading. Putting it back into its sheathe, the figure opened the door to the garage he worked in, kicking his bike into gear and letting the engine hum. Standing outside were six blonde women, all eager to see this man back into action. Drifting slowly out into the open, he glanced at them all before stating two simple words.